Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hex Editing not working
I tried 'Silva's Tutorial of hex editing'but the problem is the game will not open "lf2.exe not a valid win32 application.
I use a Windows 7 OS and HexWorkshop v6.5
Can u tell me what the problem might be.
Should i do something extra before running the .exe file
Ps.
I dont how to debug
Plz Give a solution or else I will never be able to create my first project:'(
Thanks given by:
What was it you wanted to do?
Whatever you changed probably caused it to be unrunable, but there is no way we can say what without knowing what you did.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: A-Man
all i did was to change Little fighter 2 to Saga Fighter
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2012, 12:00 PM)Inichua Wrote:  all i did was to change Little fighter 2 to Saga Fighter

If I have counted correctly, "Little Fighter 2" is 16 characters long, whereas "Saga Fighter" measures 12. Where did the remaining 4 characters go? Did you insert any additional stuff? Did you remove them completely from the exe? What happened to them?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
What about changing ""Saga Fighter" to "__Saga Fighter__"? yeah cuz it has to be 16 characters.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(07-18-2012, 04:45 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  What about changing ""Saga Fighter" to "__Saga Fighter__"? yeah cuz it has to be 16 characters.

No it doesn't. It needs to be 16 or less(unless you change other sh*t), as long as the byte after the last character is 0x00 it's fine. C strings are null (0) terminated and windows api uses C strings.

@Inichua:

You broke the exe. Restore your backup and try again.

[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
I tried for 11th time now it still dosn't work is there anything else u didn't mention yet? If no then ok.
Plus i didn't change anything else I guess. And i also want to know another thing. how to use more than 16 Characters.
Thanks given by: