Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lfe game - plot needed D:
that. is. awesome.
but i think going with both trolls and bots to cover all sections.
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2012, 05:31 PM)Reaper Wrote:  What I'd do is this (...) that post looks messy.
That is amazing.

(09-02-2012, 05:31 PM)Reaper Wrote:  - If you go for bots: Only one person knows all their weaknesses. Dive right into the matrix of reality that is the hex/programming world. Meet Someone else, who will guide you on your way to Lord Silva. But beware. Silva considers you an idiot and will not help you unless you prove him wrong.
Laughed so hard at that.

Ideas:
  • Although I agree eggs shouldn't be a big part of the game, a bit of eggpire stuff/references wouldn't hurt.
    They should totally appear in the wilderness (Forum Games), and you try to either befriend or attack them.
  • Among the weapons there is a desperate need for the ban hammer.
  • Disposal, The Prison/Graveyard: The trolls are trying to free/revive their fellow trolls and bots so they can serve as reinforcements, so they must be stopped. Kinda horrorish.
  • Forum/contest awards awards, Achievement system: Awarded by completing different tasks in the different zones (Data Master is located in Hex).
    Contest awards have three grades, (kill 10 trolls within 30 seconds, kill 20 trolls within 30 seconds, kill 30 trolls within 30 seconds).

Someone else, as a character:
  • Looks different every time you see him.
  • Asks about your opinion on stuff ALL THE TIME.

For ideas on game styles, I'd suggest either a 2D platformer, an isometric platformer. (actually I'd think platformers in general would fit)

I'll gladly help with anything game related (coding, graphics, audio etc.), although I am somewhat new to audio stuff.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: Reaper , Bamboori
Just general and short outline of story to Reaper's idea:

So main hero is a young sorcerer (or whoever like this), that travels between worlds (maybe better towns in LFE Kingdom, anyway i'm talking about forums section), to gain knowledge that allow him for create character (some creatures that serve and fighting for their masters). Every experienced sorcerer already has own creature, so they help and teach young sorcerers in chosen field of magic (dc, spriting, hex). Creature will allow him to defeat trolls and bots (or other bad guys).

Thanks given by:
Can I be a bad guy? :3
Pleeeeaaaazzzeee.
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2012, 05:31 PM)Reaper Wrote:  - If you go for bots: Only one person knows all their weaknesses. Dive right into the matrix of reality that is the hex/programming world. Meet Someone else, who will guide you on your way to Lord Silva. But beware. Silva considers you an idiot and will not help you unless you prove him wrong.

I approve.

Also need some IRC stuff in there. Maybe a secret area where all the lfe "illuminati" complain about the state of lfe that is unlocked after you beat the game or something?:P
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: Som1Lse , Bamboori
I would like not to see anything about eggpire/duckpire/whatever. What would make this game story interesting would be treason/betrayal/clans/leaders/cheating/etc. anyways i dont have a full story to write right now. it is a small chance that i can write a story here.
Thanks given by:
this is all in all pretty good stuff, guys! :D
in the next week(s) ill give you a rough idea of the main platform element of the game.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2012, 02:20 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  I would like not to see anything about eggpire/duckpire/whatever. What would make this game story interesting would be treason/betrayal/clans/leaders/cheating/etc.
You mean like EVERY SINGLE OTHER STORY in our generation. What other story today has eggs fighting ducks?
Come to think of it. the eggpire and the duckpire are clans with "leaders".
So yeah, I would like to see a bit of eggpire (maybe a bit duckpire). Not much, but a bit wouldn't ruin anything.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
yeah, just as some insiders somewhere :p but not really story-relevant stuff
Thanks given by: