Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
F.LF v0.9 (open source LF2)
(01-05-2013, 07:00 PM)zort Wrote:  It doesn't work if you jump straight up. Try jumping forwards.
I dont understand 'jump straight up' and 'jumping forwards',,, can you explain?
Thanks given by:
Also zort is right. Try pressing right + jump, then turn left midair, then only press jump when you land. => Backdash

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: tyt2y3
(01-05-2013, 07:53 PM)Ramond Wrote:  Also zort is right. Try pressing right + jump, then turn left midair, then only press jump when you land. => Backdash
oh, I got it. thank you for your explanation and the nice drawing :)

Ramond edited this post 01-06-2013 10:30 AM because:
Thanks :P i usually don't draw but this just called for it, for fun :D
Thanks given by:
The 2013Jan demo now includes a stick, a hoe, and a stone.
checkout here.
Thanks given by: Bamboori , LutiChris
great update

so you understood what I meant about dashing with just the jump button? (I know you need to have some x movement as you land - that's how lf2 works)
I hope you can implement it at some time because I am really missing it

about the stone your pobably know yourself: we can perform all basic movements and the stone either follows, gets stuck or dropped but still reappears on hand afterwards (jump/dash/defend/roll and aerial attacks)

good progress
Thanks given by:
sorry to dig up this 1 year old thread. but I have to assert I did not give up during the year.
Instead, after numerous hours of spare time work, I have made significant progress!!
I have solved many of the technical challenges, and the project is getting closer to the ultimate goal, to have an open source LF2 engine for everybody to hack on.
You see it is only a matter of time to finish this project, so contribute in any way you can (testing, programming, etc) and let's get this done!
Thanks given by: YinYin , Bamboori , LutiChris , Rhino.Freak
Dude! Awesome!

Yet two major problems:
Turning during a dash doesn't show the back dash frames.
Even though running at 30fps it doesn't look fluent.

edit: actually the back dash doesn't work at all - you always dash left if you do it from landing.
Thanks given by:
This is pretty interesting. I must say that the "wpoints" look weird though.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2013, 03:26 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Dude! Awesome!

Yet two major problems:
1) Turning during a dash doesn't show the back dash frames.
2) Even though running at 30fps it doesn't look fluent.

3) edit: actually the back dash doesn't work at all - you always dash left if you do it from landing.
glad that you catch it! couldn't believe I missed this.
1) should have been fixed right now (clear cache and refresh your browser, note the updated build time)
2) it could be a problem of browser, update is the best bet
3) I can... ??
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2013, 03:46 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  1) should have been fixed right now (clear cache and refresh your browser, note the updated build time)
2) it could be a problem of browser, update is the best bet
1) force refreshed - build is 15:08:19 today now - still no backdash and always dashing left if done from landing after a jump
2) latest chrome
Thanks given by: