Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
F.LF v0.9 (open source LF2)
I find it tough to dash after jumping. The timing is different for me on there than on LF2, so I just mash jump to do it.
Edit: This is the bug YinYin is talking about.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2013, 04:03 PM)YinYin Wrote:  1) force refreshed - build is 15:08:19 today now - still no backdash and always dashing left if done from landing after a jump
2) latest chrome
if that's what you're saying, it works. would that be possible of keys conflict? try change keys?
[Image: DTn9xWS.png]
(09-29-2013, 04:13 PM)Bat Tamer Wrote:  I find it tough to dash after jumping. The timing is different for me on there than on LF2, so I just mash jump to do it.
Edit: This is the bug YinYin is talking about.
that's because I only detect defend key on 219, so keys pressed from 212 few frames ago don't work.
guess I have to specifically work around this, right now I clear up the key buffer upon frame transition.
question: how many frames should I keep the keys for?

thank you for testing out my work! I see that you made LF2 Remake, haven't tried yours yet. Do you think we can have some collaboration? I see that you are indeed a very good changer :)
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2013, 06:47 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  question: how many frames should I keep the keys for?

iirc lf2 keeps the last keypress for 5 frames, as in, if you press Attack, and within 5 frames you transition to a frame that pressing Attack will move you to a different frame, that different frame will activate.

it could be 9, or 10. but pretty sure it's one of those 3 values.

Azriel~
Thanks given by: YinYin
(09-29-2013, 06:47 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  if that's what you're saying, it works. would that be possible of keys conflict? try change keys?
[Image: DTn9xWS.png]
So turning during a dash works now. The backdash itself however still doesn't.
You still always dash left and forwards if you press jump as you land with x velocity.

edit: it can't be conflicting keys as all you have to do for this is only press jump as you land - no other key involved.
I've tested it a bit more and it seems you can dash right at this point if you do hold right - it seems you just have to split the default action when there are no direction keys held depending on the characters x velocity and facing direction:
move left + face left = dash forward left
move left + face right = dash backward left
move right + face right = dash forward right
move right + face left = dash backward right
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2013, 07:29 PM)Azriel Wrote:  
(09-29-2013, 06:47 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  question: how many frames should I keep the keys for?

iirc lf2 keeps the last keypress for 5 frames, as in, if you press Attack, and within 5 frames you transition to a frame that pressing Attack will move you to a different frame, that different frame will activate.
it could be 9, or 10. but pretty sure it's one of those 3 values.
Azriel~
thank you for your information, I will do this tonight
(09-29-2013, 09:15 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I've tested it a bit more and it seems you can dash right at this point if you do hold right - it seems you just have to split the default action when there are no direction keys held depending on the characters x velocity and facing direction:
move left + face left = dash forward left
move left + face right = dash backward left
move right + face right = dash forward right
move right + face left = dash backward right
I didn't know I can dash backward after a jump!
for your info, this corresponds to https://github.com/tyt2y3/F.LF/blob/mast...er.js#L916 in code
the part is:
Code:
//state '15'
if( K==='jump') //if jump is pressed
{
var dx=0; //to resolve key conflict that both left and right are pressed
if($.con.state.left) dx-=1; //if left key is pressed minus 1
if($.con.state.right) dx+=1; //if right key is pressed plus 1
if( dx || $.ps.vx!==0) //if (only one of left and right key is pressed) or (x velocity is not zero)
{
$.trans.frame(213, 10); //transit to dash
$.switch_dir_fun(dx===1?'right':'left'); //switch direction
}
else
{
$.trans.inc_wait(2, 10, 99); //lock for 2 frames
$.trans.set_next(210, 10);  //jump again
}
return 1; //everything is good
}
you see, everything is pretty straight forward. anyway I will fix this tonight.
see build 21:56:16, 30 September 2013 to see whether it works.
i.e. this is extreme programming! only HTML5 can have such a short release cycle, counted in minutes.
Thanks given by:
Works - I love it.

edit: When catching someone you can only throw him to the other side. Seems like the original dircontrol: 1 does not work yet.
Thanks given by:
splendid project!!!
a quastion
will It be possible to connect with other LF2-player and play the stage mode with original LF2-speed?
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 08:06 AM)Draya Vartaila Wrote:  splendid project!!!
a quastion
will It be possible to connect with other LF2-player and play the stage mode with original LF2-speed?
everything is possible. multiplayer function is one task down the roadmap.
but it must wait until the core gameplay has been finished,
with the current progress, it may take another year for us to get to that point.
Thanks given by: Draya Vartaila
Yeaah! I start to train my LF2 skills :)
It always been my dream to play LF2 online with great fighters, togheter or against other in original speed!
thank you so much =)
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 08:25 AM)Draya Vartaila Wrote:  Yeaah! I start to train my LF2 skills :)
It always been my dream to play LF2 online with great fighters, togheter or against other in original speed!
thank you so much =)

what do you mean by original speed?
Thanks given by: