Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
F.LF v0.9 (open source LF2)
The speed when I play offline on my computer, I read that when you fight online that it is much slower
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 09:35 AM)Draya Vartaila Wrote:  The speed when I play offline on my computer, I read that when you fight online that it is much slower

it is sometimes inevitable. if we put enough local servers, then playing around in the same area can be very fast.
but playing across the ocean, is doomed to be slow.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 08:26 AM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  
(10-03-2013, 08:25 AM)Draya Vartaila Wrote:  Yeaah! I start to train my LF2 skills :)
It always been my dream to play LF2 online with great fighters, togheter or against other in original speed!
thank you so much =)

what do you mean by original speed?

I believe LF2 lags online, I haven't really played online. When I play with my cousins it's always LOCAL.
Thanks given by:
latest release!
+ background
+ opoint, speicalattacks
+ Davis
+ basic mobile browser support with touch controller
Thanks given by:
Hey hey! This is freaking awesome! Good job dude!
Thanks given by:
(12-23-2013, 06:34 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  + background
You've had it before already didn't you? But the annoying white outlines on layers are gone and it scrolls smooth. Great.
(12-23-2013, 06:34 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  + opoint, speicalattacks
Works great so far, missing some z control.
(12-23-2013, 06:34 PM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  + basic mobile browser support with touch controller
I have a touch screen here and it does work pretty well. It would be great to switch between that and keys though - also custom button placement and scaling would really help as your fingers get in the way of the action.

Something else: wpoints are missing the cover property (making the weapon appear behind the character) and also the y position seems to always lag a little behind the x position. If you press F2 through some actions it's clearly visible, but it also lags on live action.

Also something that is not really LF2 like, but I like the feature: heavy objects gaining z motion from a diagonal dash attack, great detail. Depending on how well you want to mimic LF2 you should consider doing this on all objects (characters too) or on none - or make it a switchable option.
Thanks given by:
Quote:You've had it before already didn't you? But the annoying white outlines on layers are gone and it scrolls smooth. Great.
The white lines are due to "conflation", that anti-aliasing in browsers are per-object but not full screen. They are still there, I just hide them by the grey background when you zoom in. it turns out not rounding to exact coordinate actually is better.
I actually supported all backgrounds already. just need a UI to choose background.
Quote:opoint, speicalattacks - Works great so far, missing some z control.
definitely have to work on it.
Quote:I have a touch screen here and it does work pretty well. It would be great to switch between that and keys though - also custom button placement and scaling would really help as your fingers get in the way of the action.
detailed settings will be put in the main screen before game start. it is hard to make a touch controller right, if it is too small, you will slip keys. the current design has its justification. you can use your thumb to smoothly slide between def, jump, attack without lifting up your finger. that way combination like JA, DA, DJA will be much easier. but if you want another design, please tell me in detail.
Quote:wpoints are missing the cover property
have been implemented, should be working.
Quote:y position seems to always lag a little behind the x position
I noticed this too. it is a very subtle issue. not sure why.
Quote:heavy objects gaining z motion from a diagonal dash attack
I didn't add this intentionally. it feels quite natural to me. but you're right, I have to be consistent will mechanics. guess I will remove it.

one known bug: sometimes davis ball will be stuck by a heavyweapon on ground, not able to pass through it but cannot hit it either. strange.
Thanks given by:
The game worked in my phone. Used both chrome and applewebkit browsers but I was unable to zoom out or zoom in and wasn't able to navigate left or right or up or down. Was a cool experience tough!!!

Keep up! ;)
Thanks given by:
(12-24-2013, 09:54 AM)davis60 Wrote:  The game worked in my phone. Used both chrome and applewebkit browsers but I was unable to zoom out or zoom in and wasn't able to navigate left or right or up or down. Was a cool experience tough!!!

Keep up! ;)
the current setting is to lock any pan zoom action after 10 seconds. this is to prevent slipping during gameplay.
thanks ;)
Thanks given by:
(12-24-2013, 03:15 AM)tyt2y3 Wrote:  
Quote:heavy objects gaining z motion from a diagonal dash attack
I didn't add this intentionally. it feels quite natural to me. but you're right, I have to be consistent will mechanics. guess I will remove it.

YinYin Wrote:but I like the feature, great detail. Depending on how well you want to mimic LF2 you should consider doing this on all objects (characters too) or on none - or make it a switchable option

I think it should be a feature that you can toggle between characters, objects, both, or neither. Or at make it least easily changeable in the source code.

Edit: Lower the area the weapons can be picked up. I find myself picking up objects when I'm not even close to them, especially when it comes to the z-axis.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by: