Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background: Retro HK Stadium
don't waste so many layers and rects on a ground that does not have any visible parallax scrolling
you even left gaps in the sprites for the rect colors to show through when you could have simply filled them with the respective color - that doesn't make any sense
you could save a dozen layers if you simply make the main ground a single thin and tall looped sprite with only the top left and right corners overlaying it

and the tribune looks way too close to the fighters compared to the size of the spectators in game
here are two possible fixes:
either use the saved layers to add a lot of parallax scrolling to the tiny grass line and make the tribune move slower so it seems further in the background
or cut the walkable area so fighters cannot get so close to those dwarfs - maybe let them walk on the bottom 4 lanes and disallow the top two

also I didn't think lion forest (and stanley prison) require a retro remake because the normal lf2 backgrounds already fit that spot pretty well imo

edit: I really really like those spectators apart from looking like dwarfs once you put a fighter right in front of them
Thanks given by: Dr. Time
(11-05-2012, 08:55 AM)YinYin Wrote:  don't waste so many layers and rects on a ground that does not have any visible parallax scrolling
you even left gaps in the sprites for the rect colors to show through when you could have simply filled them with the respective color - that doesn't make any sense
Yeah, i just like to use rect colors :P

(11-05-2012, 08:55 AM)YinYin Wrote:  also I didn't think lion forest (and stanley prison) require a retro remake because the normal lf2 backgrounds already fit that spot pretty well imo
Maybe you're right.

Well, is it beter now?
Download

Thanks given by: YinYin , lf2TimmE1 , LutiChris
perfect now

what exactly did the layer amount limit you on?
Thanks given by:
You mean how many layers i had? 33, when limit is 30

Thanks given by:
well I mean the result
what would have been different visually if you had all 33 layers?
Thanks given by:
Oh sorry.
Probably it wouldn't change anything, it was mainly waste of space, like every part of track on separate layers, these lines made with rect and sky in 3 parts.
I thought about something else. As you can see on this screnn:
[Image: rhks4.png]
On red area, there was to be more grass and some hills behind, but i resigned from that.

Thanks given by:
haha

clever pushing it all the way to the border like that
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 07:33 PM)The Hari Wrote:  
[BG] Retro HK Stadium

download

Original Post (Click to View)

Hi Hari, the download link is not correct, can you submit retro HK Stadium again?
Thanks given by:
Lazy to separate the files, so here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gnydx2dbj...k.zip/file
Retro pack containing the retro version of HK Stadium, Lee on Road and Sunset.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2019, 12:04 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Lazy to separate the files, so here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gnydx2dbj...k.zip/file
Retro pack containing the retro version of HK Stadium, Lee on Road and Sunset.

Thank you bro!
Thanks given by: