Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your greatest mistake ever?
The uninstall mistake is the greatest one can do.
I always hide it when I reinstall LF2.
And one serious mistake I mostly make is to use type: 3 objects with type: 0 in data.txt only to mess it up and crash it.
[Image: iQKrlcDUzuVgIsDYwKFmT.gif]
My new character VK.
Thanks given by:
I used too high y: values. That kinda messed up something so seriously and I didn't quite find the mistake (well, now I fixed it)
Thanks given by:
Spent ages hacking up the exe, and then accidentally press esc and closed lf2. All the work was lost :p. Which is why now I got into the habbit of saving the exe every time I change more than 10 lines, my lf2 folder pretty much looks like this:
blabla 1.exe
blabla 2.exe
blabla 3.exe
blabla 4.exe

etc... Sometimes I get up to 20 :p.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
I often type tags without space between the tag and it's value and then spend hours finding it to fix.:D
[Image: iQKrlcDUzuVgIsDYwKFmT.gif]
My new character VK.
Thanks given by:
mistake? not sure, it was a mistake but the result was kinda... cool

I mhad a virus on my laptop and so I took out the main data thing and made a backup - but forgit to backup the files on the desktop, and so I deleted a 8 GB folder with stuff I wanted to do for LFE and some projects of mine - well, was kind good in result since then I didn't have tons oif started projects...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
I deleted my uninstaller, and my LF2 is backed up on a disk on key, so no deletion problems.
My biggest mistake therefore (with the magic of Ctrl+Z) was merely a sync problem between my two custom chars (which nobody seems to want to help me fix :/)
(when I add armor to the 3rd standing frame of Deus Ex Machina it crashes SuperHeavy, who has similar armor.)
Thanks given by:
Well, much of you deinstalled LF2 by mistake.
I think if there would pop up a warningmessage by starting it, many mistakes
could be avoided.

My question to you is:

"Could anybody ,who is good at this things, program an Lf2 with such a deinstall exe?"
Always when you damage others, you damage yourself.
[Image: Motto.jpg]
Thanks given by:
simply delete it ..
I always do this when I work on sth.
[Image: Link.jpg]
| Arcanis | Dome | Kai [-finished-] | Drawings |

active again.
Thanks given by:
I Edited a char and something went wrong, so the whole LF2 messed up and i couldn´t find the error.
Solution: Delete the char i just messed with.

Oh, and also i was puzzled once when i couldn´t find the error in a character file. it was a # that somehow had sneaked in just in front of <bmp_begin>, making it crash...
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by: