Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Display Issues
Actually, really weird ones... At first I thought I mixed up some bg-sprite files or something or that the newly installed ddraw.dll (AI Script reader) caused it... but after I flattened the entire Lf2 dir and reinstalled it straight from a freshly loaded install exe (via lf2.net), the issue still persists.
I cannot remember something like this ever happening on my desktop before and I didn't really change anything across the past months (aka the last time I player LF2).

Screenshots, see for yourself (Click to View)
I was just updating my characters to the new AS-AI scripts and are quite disappointed by the fact I can't watch them battling each other (oh well, I could, but the bgm's are simply to distortingly ugly).

On a second note, if you ignore the fact the floor part of the BGMs is horribly miscolored, OMFG it's awesome too watch 7 Striker's battling each other with literal tons of clones WITHOUT FPS drops. <3 AS
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: John Fighterli
The problem I believe has to do with bit depth or something like that. There was a problem like this in the old 1.9 version of the game that only worked on 16-bit display otherwise it messed up.
Try checking the bit depth of your display. Also I believe there is a fix for backgrounds somewhere on the mainsite.

Edit: I believe this should fix it for backgrounds at least: http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lfe-fileplane...stagebgmod
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: Alblaka
Manythanks, BG-sprites are fixed up again.
And whilst the graphic glitches in the main menu ARE annoying, I think I can bear with that.

Display is set to 16 bit depth, btw.
Actually I should may up that in first place >.>

edit:
Dragon is amused dragon.
Changing the bit depth to 32 fixed the main menu screens as well...

But really, why was I still running 16 bit depth in first place o.o
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: John Fighterli
I played almost all my life with 1.9 and broken colors

having a 16bit version running in 32 colors had more pleasing darker colors though - lion forest had a dark blue instead of that eye cancer green

edit: and the menu background was just black instead of blue
Thanks given by: Alblaka