Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI statistics
[Image: uW3H8Hj.gif]

I've gathered 4339 lfr files of two random coms fighting each other on a random background (difficult).
Some results are pretty well balanced, such as damage, mana and item picking. And these still fluctuate a lot whenever I add another 1000 replays (probably depending on the characters alive time).
Other things however are pretty well set in stone: win ratio, attack ratio and average time per fight.

The values inside the first two tables (wins/attack) are the respective total count of the character on the left divided by the total count together with the character at the top.
The speed table shows how much faster the fights of the character on the left with the one at the top are than the average fighting time of the character at the top. (This does not take into account who won.)
And the last one just shows a little summary of all averages for each character.

[Image: 437sldS.png]

I've gathered the replays using autohotkey and a character that deletes itself.
Feel free to use it as reference or create statistics for other difficulties and game modes.
This is the script I used:
ahk script (Click to View)
It checks the recording folder of LF2 to know when to hit F4 and start a new round (resetting random in between).
So you will need to add the path of your recording folder and maybe edit the button sequence for other game modes.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , betitngoan , Dragon5 , Lauli , Kevin , Jed37 , Marko , Deep , STM1993
Just as I thought: Davis is the best overall character in the game. I think some of the characters can use better AI honestly. Interesting information though.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
So I started to run 8 games in parallel to reduce the noise on damage/mana/picking and see if there is anything interesting. I got over 10000 replays now.
And guess what happened: Everything leveled out pretty perfectly (which I expected), except one pairing ...

[Image: e6igoZc.png]

Yeah that's right. Among 869 fights between Firen and Davis, Davis always took a lot less damage, used a lot less mana and picked a lot less items.
I really have no idea why this should happen and I would be really happy if anyone could try to reproduce this. It will be enough if you only run fights between Davis and Firen (no reset random).
You can use this improved script (it can handle LF2 in the background while you do other stuff):
improved .ahk script (Click to View)
And here is also the deleting character:

(05-07-2013, 05:11 PM)Bat Tamer Wrote:  Just as I thought: Davis is the best overall character in the game. I think some of the characters can use better AI honestly. Interesting information though.
Never forget that 1on1 AI is pretty stupid in general and I guess Henry/Rudolf/John/Louis may be so much worse here because their concept is generally harder for a casual player to cope with, so they could be well balanced against humans. Also perhaps they just fare better in team fights.

It'll be interesting to see how far a custom AI will raise among the original ones.
Thanks given by:
in first statistics i see everything almost normal. 1 vs 1 players davis,woody,deenis and deep has the highest winning ratio. Still i wonder on woody who has only 56%. I thought he would have more.

Woody-davis, only 28% wins for woody. The only explanation may be that when woody do D>J, davis can beat it with d^A, i have seen this so many times.

Also i think that deep depend on bg and not so much on opponent type. Since his range is so small, his perfect bg is HCK, i am pretty sure he will have a huge winning ratio with other chars.

Second statistics.
I see that davis wins against firen with that huge advantage. Firen uses some attacks which harm himself too. maybe they cause a faster game ending, with an easier work for davis to beat him. idk but this is just a poor explanation. also in short distance firen may use balls which may be rebounded by davis DvA (that dont need a lot MP). firen also loose hp in his D^J, which still makes davis job easier. and daivis use his punch and his DvA-->few MP, a lot damage, and maybe he just doesnt need to pick anything while he is attacking all the time.
But still that explanation is just an idea, nothing more.
Thanks given by: