Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #21: Writing challenge
reaper Wrote:Any number of characters may appear in your story, but focus on one or just a few of them.
What is the limit on "few of them"? Would 3 or 4 suffice or is that too much of a stretch?
I know you are looking for a background story "for a character" I just wanted to be clear on the number of characters i could "focus on" in one story.

Also one more question: The point of View
Can we use 3rd person instead of 1st person?
I'm pretty sure most of us think automatically we would have to write in 1st person since it's a background story for a character.
I tend to write better if it's done in 3rd person rather than the latter.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Hoho! Joined!!
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2013, 01:00 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  
reaper Wrote:Any number of characters may appear in your story, but focus on one or just a few of them.
What is the limit on "few of them"? Would 3 or 4 suffice or is that too much of a stretch?
I know you are looking for a background story "for a character" I just wanted to be clear on the number of characters i could "focus on" in one story.
I just want to stress this once more, the story should revolve around a single character or a very small group. If he/they, on his/their way of development encounter/s other characters, latter should play only a minor role. We just don't want you to go complete overkill and describe every single character in one story. If you think that one character grew up in a little group or something like that, then sure, you're free to add a few more guys. 3-4 is probably the above limit already.

(06-07-2013, 01:00 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  Also one more question: The point of View
Can we use 3rd person instead of 1st person?
I don't think that Reaper has specified any POV to be used. So yeah, whatever feels best to you. Technically, you can also write in second person but this might sound really awkward :p
Anything goes :D
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Since my PC is bad I had to type all this in my phone.
Story: The legend of Firzen ( Firen + Freeze) (Click to View)
Thanks given by: koori
I think I might have gone a little overboard with this but it was definitely worth it. :D
Have fun reading it.

@bellow
Not quite, Revamped Sprites is my longest post. But if you're talking about my longest instant reply message then yeah you are right. :P
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
@^-Yeah,it's your longest instant reply

(06-08-2013, 03:32 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  I think I might have gone a little overboard with this but it was definitely worth it. :D
Have fun reading it.

That has GOT to be the single-most longest post you have ever written,Mr. Laziness :P
Great story though.
I am getting my story ready too.Hopefully will post it tomorrow.
[Image: icVLlMk.png]
So I just realized how many errors I need to fix and cool things I left out in the story. I'll update that post later on this week. It's too early in the morning for me to change my stuff. Stay tuned for version 2 next week.
Good night.
Thanks given by:
im gonna participate :D

@leo
yea i will try to make a template story

is it allowed to make a poem? (maybe some rhythm and some symbols, figurative parallelism and some other figures of speech which can be used only in poems)
Thanks given by:
Don't forget Haikus!
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2013, 08:16 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  is it allowed to make a poem? (maybe some rhythm and some symbols, figurative parallelism and some other figures of speech which can be used only in poems)
(06-08-2013, 08:53 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  Don't forget Haikus!

(06-05-2013, 08:49 PM)Reaper Wrote:  
  • 200 words or more.
'tis going to be a really really weird Haiku.... or a long poem. If you can pull it off in a decent fashion, I'm going to tip my imaginary hat.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Bamboori , LeoGautama