Poll: A Good DCer? Vote!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perfect
11.76%
2 11.76%
Good
58.82%
10 58.82%
Not that good
5.88%
1 5.88%
Can be better
23.53%
4 23.53%
Bad
0%
0 0%
Awfull
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<null>
Ultimately, my constant dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind everything I do.
[Image: sigline.png]
LF2 IDE - Advanced visual data changer featuring instant data loader
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator - Template based sprite sheet generator based on Gad's method
There is no perfect language, but C++ is the worst.
Thanks given by: T.O.R.N.A.D.O , Gespenst , A-Man
First it is a good thing that we see new guys doing such awesome works.

I tried you DataChanger and it's a very good one. you putted a lot of graphical tools which are helpful in DCing. Still there are some more things that might be improved.

Bugs
jump to dont work

ideas
here are two other programs that are good too http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7967 and maybe the best prog ever made until now http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=6669
Maybe you take a look on them and take some ideas. The most important things would be:
1."watching" action:. I mean when you opoint something it's important for a DCer to look on object that it spawn frames. So he can find which action number should he use. the easiest was to identify frame is to look pic and frame number.
2. making a function that creates some frames connected by next.
3.expand/collapse functions like in Someoneelse DataChanger
4.connecting tags coordinates with frames. in you DCer you have split coordinates, from frames. in this way i need to copy and then to paste in frames. I would like that to be done automatically (look wirwl DCer).
5. Some functions like make connected via next: frames from x frame to y frame, same thing for pics order, things like that.
That's for now, later i will show some more ideas.

Questions
After finishing with ideas i have a questions: how do you do that thing that you have showed in about srceenshot?

What i liked most was the last visual tab, the one with vector, point,etc. it was so nice.

Nice job NightmareX2000 and good luck in the future.
Thanks given by:
I get a huge fatal error upon trying to open/create a new file:
Cannot load the SciLexer64.dll
I guess I here with request proper 64bit support.
Thanks given by:
empirefantasy Wrote:jump to dont work
I guess it was because I wrote wrong frame captions ex: hvy_obj_run => heavy_obj_run

empirefantasy Wrote:1."watching" action:. I mean when you opoint something it's important for a DCer to look on object that it spawn frames. So he can find which action number should he use. the easiest was to identify frame is to look pic and frame number.
I made a fix about it but I'm not sure it has correct action sprites - tell me if wrong
Edit: I did it about weaponact property - i got it wrong

empirefantasy Wrote:2. making a function that creates some frames connected by next.
I'll try...

empirefantasy Wrote:3.expand/collapse functions like in Someoneelse DataChanger
I asked about it on ScintillaNET discussions but I got no answers...
EDIT: Fold / Unfold All functions Added

empirefantasy Wrote:5. Some functions like make connected via next: frames from x frame to y frame, same thing for pics order, things like that.
I'll try it too :)

empirefantasy Wrote:After finishing with ideas i have a questions: how do you do that thing that you have showed in about srceenshot?
Maybe remind you english is not my first language, please speak simply :D

empirefantasy Wrote:What i liked most was the last visual tab, the one with vector, point,etc. it was so nice.
Good to hear :)

YinYin Wrote:I get a huge fatal error upon trying to open/create a new file:
Cannot load the SciLexer64.dll
I guess I here with request proper 64bit support.
I added SciLexer64.dll for 64bit support. If still having trouble just tell me.
Ultimately, my constant dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind everything I do.
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator - Template based sprite sheet generator based on Gad's method
Thanks given by:
Okay it works now.

However the visual part is a big hassle:

Either you already know what you are doing. Then clicking through those drop downs and entering every value in a separate field will be really frustrating.
In that case it's only use boils down to setting points and areas, which still is tedious as you have to copy them over to the actual data.

Or you have no idea yet and all those fields will most likely confuse you and drop downs sometimes even suggest that there are only certain values possible when really you can have a lot more.

I'd like to challenge you to include the visual part optional into the data changer itself.
Something like this:
(02-22-2009, 05:40 PM)YinYin Wrote:  [Image: attachment.php?aid=1259]
It will show a list of all bitmaps loaded by the file to select the pic (without actually knowing the pic number yourself, just click it).
And then the actual frame with tools similar to a painting program to create/select/move all areas and points.
As you edit them they will be updated in the actual data on the left.
Thanks given by:
YinYin Wrote:Or you have no idea yet and all those fields will most likely confuse you and drop downs sometimes even suggest that there are only certain values possible when really you can have a lot more.
Drop downs suggest mostly used / possible values and it doesn't limit DCers with specific values, you can use drop downs as a text box for undefined values

YinYin Wrote:It will show a list of all bitmaps loaded by the file to select the pic (without actually knowing the pic number yourself, just click it).
And then the actual frame with tools similar to a painting program to create/select/move all areas and points.
As you edit them they will be updated in the actual data on the left.
Such process is not that easy but i will think about it in a future version...
Thanks given by:
Fatal error on start up: Cannot convert ScintillaNET.LineWrappingMode to System.Boolean

Good job so far integrating the visual tools. Now you just gotta merge them in a convenient way as I described.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2013, 01:13 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Fatal error on start up: Cannot convert ScintillaNET.LineWrappingMode to System.Boolean
Please give me more detailed error information so i can easily fix them - like error line, file, etc. I have to say i never get such error and probably i've fixed it while i was working on it. If you get the same error on newer versions (>1.4.7.2) just tell me.
Thanks given by:
You have two entries for 1.4.7.2 in your change log and the latest is still that version ...
Anyway the error didn't show up on a second launch and also didn't show up after redownloading.
Thanks given by:
NightmareX2000 when will be released next version of program?
Thanks given by: