Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some tools to solve LF2 related problems
It would help if you post the .log file generated. But regardless, the macro now doesn't do a proper job clipping grids with extra space at the right/bottom edge of the bmp due to me having a misconception with how LF2 clips grids in game.

I will look into all that later today! Thanks for reminding me of this.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Ok

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "The A-Grid clipper.py", line 288, in <module>
File "pygame\sysfont.pyo", line 577, in SysFont
RuntimeError: Couldn't load font file
Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):
Thanks given by:
Ah, this seems to be a different error from the one you described earlier. But anyway, luckily, I found the macro's source (very awfully written.. spent most of the time trying to understand what I wrote). I believe I've fixed all of the issues.
Please try it out and let me know if it works:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bjzir6hlzmp7vzv

Thanks given by:
It works now, but can i somehow make smaller these big speacial attack sprites? For example this char Azriel has very big sprite file called az_ex
Thanks given by:
The A-Grid Clipper should resize all grids to the minimum. Can you show me az_x.bmp before and after being resized by the program?

Thanks given by:
I cannot even resize it because again this runtime error comes "need between 2 and (32) array objects (inclusive). So i thought that this program can't resize it. But everything worked well when i tested the clipper to another character called Bonu.
Thanks given by:
The A-Grid Clipper does not resize your sprites but the grids these sprites are in. The reason this run-time error comes up is because when you scale down the whole grid yourself, and the program tries to read the grid's pixels according to the <bmp> part in a .dat file, it goes out of bounds now that the bmp is smaller. That's not what the program is for.

If you want to resize the attack, then you will have to do more than just scaling the sprite. You'll have to shrink down the itrs and set the center_x/ys and everything related to coordinates of that move in the .dat file.

Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
Is there any way you'd be willing to reprogram it to support .png?
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2013, 11:17 PM)A-Man Wrote:  So I am pretty much posting this thread because of 1 crisis-solver I've wrote. The other 2 were just posted on the way.

So you all know this mod I am working on (namely OPAE). And you all (probably) know how much memory and time does it take for it to run. The main problem was because I had 100s of screen sized grids being loaded when you run the game, which may further result in the buffer overflowing and the appearance of the well-known, most annoying error in existence, THE KILLER "couldn't create art surface" error. The solution was to reduce the memory usage of the game, so I though about changing the color depth of the BMPS (from 24-bit colors to 256 colors. That would have reduced the quality of the sprites, but I cared having the game load successfully). Unfortunately, that didn't work at all. The only solution left was to rework the grids, having their squares exactly fit the sprites its holding, but that was very time consuming and modifying their whole .dat files' centers was required.. Imagine what working out 10 grids and reworking about 2000 x and y coordinates would be like; and that's just for one character's dat file which wasn't enough indeed...

tl;dr:

Ladies and gentle men, I present you all the A-Grid Clipper!! Just drag in your .dat file and the corresponding bitmaps mentioned at its "<bmp> part" and it will recreate your grids and place your sprites in the smallest possible grids you can make. It also changes your .dat coordinates accordingly.
1-The A-Grid Clipper:  
[Image: LNHlH09.png]
A simple test:
How to use (Click to View)
2-The A-Frame Excavator:
A very simple tool that looks for empty frames in your dat files. Very useful for characters with so many moves. Be economic ;D :
[Image: 82ku.png]
How to use (Click to View)

3-The A-Bitmap Mirrorer:
Another macros which can be said to be a simpler version of Someone else's sprite mirrorer program. Extremely simple to use.
[Image: 86ec.png]
How to use: (Click to View)
Advantages:
-Its very easy to use.
-Very portable that it can even be bundled with a mod; that is for when you don't want to mirror the sprites for the mod' size issues. The user who encounters the mirror bug can then be told to run it.
-It doesn't mirror mirrored or already mirrored Bitmaps.
-It doesn't need to read from a .dat file.

Disadvantages:
-It mirrors every Bitmap in its directory (including the faces bmps..etc).
-Its size (which kinda destroys its 2nd advantage.).

Download links:
The A-Grid Clipper:
1.0 (don't use) (Click to View)
The A-Frame Excavator: http://www.mediafire.com/?y0r70y9qov901x1
The A-Bitmap Mirrorer: http://www.mediafire.com/?kxuvb8ocnn9xfdz

when I try to run the A-bitmap mirrorer it gives me this error: This application failed to start because msvcr71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.. can this be solved? thank u
Thanks given by:
Hmm, you probably need to get msvcr71.dll and put it next to the executable.

You can supposedly download it from the link pointed out by the person who answered the question here. The .dll provided in that link is probably safe, but better check.

Thanks given by: