Poll: Do you think this is a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
25.00%
1 25.00%
No
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea
ur always talking bout others doing such stuff mono, why dont u show us sth from ur side, maybe people would get motivated and then do it
Thanks given by:
arghh, I hate when people speaks about it trought other person.
Purple kitty, its you who thinks tha way, not me.
When he said to think of it again, I just wanned to stop and lock it, thats why admins have thread locking function.
Why dont you go and email marti by asking why did he made it that way? Maybe he didnt wanned to bother much on it. At that time game was good enough, but its changing, most of the people dont want to see cheap moves, simple graphics.
@YinYin, do you always ignore things when you just want to stop it?
Useful
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 08:36 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  its changing, most of the people dont want to see cheap moves, simple graphics.

so if thats so give them what they want and make those "improved" graphics
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 08:29 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  ur always talking bout others doing such stuff mono,
I am not sure if I understood what you wroted (no offense, idk if I understood in the same way)
I just gave that idea, more like I posted that idea which was already existing but was not posted yet or something just similar was posted long ago.
Why I talk about these exe, dat stuff? If its about that then because I can make it by myself, maybe some people might get some interest to try this.

(10-07-2013, 08:29 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  why dont u show us sth from ur side,
what can I show?I mean what do I need to show you? Tell me.

(10-07-2013, 08:29 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  maybe people would get motivated and then do it
maybe yes, maybe no, probobly no.

(10-07-2013, 08:39 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  
(10-07-2013, 08:36 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  its changing, most of the people dont want to see cheap moves, simple graphics.

so if thats so give them what they want and make those "improved" graphics

there was, but it was less related to this topic.
Example, when someone was making a character, that person did some simple job, some didnt liked it because it was too simple.
Some claimed it to be same style, some didnt liked it.
Some made good job but they are gone, some started to show a good progress, but no motivation was created to continue that. After trying again, still nothing much was attempted to do.
Some started to do something, but its never happens
Useful
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 07:44 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  err, why outweighs the benefits?
If you wont try, you wont know.
I know the difference between playing a character with real left right direction and a mirrored one. Also I know how much work it takes to achieve this from doing it myself. It's cool - but on my own scale currently not worth it having mirrored data too. Not to mention that will heavily break balance making it vital to be standing on the right side when facing an opponent (differing left/right data will leave one side with an advantage).

(10-07-2013, 07:44 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  umm, harlequin is not much of that mirror job, just his colors, and that face thingy stays on the same side but he is not much of a spectacular mirror sprite character.
I agree - this was the shortest route to having something like it - still it does give a good impression on how this plays I think (and I do love it). But lots of it still was redrawn by hand because the colours all have a very similar brightness and saturation making the borders really hard to manage with filters alone.

(10-07-2013, 07:44 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  Awww, come on, u think idea is bad? Because noone can make it? I think noone bothers to make perfect mirror sprites because there is hard to deal with bdy, wpoint and other stuff.
You gave no and you think idea is bad?
Fine be like that.
(10-07-2013, 02:15 PM)YinYin Wrote:  we can think of it again.
No - I think it's bad working on difficult hex implementations when there is no guarantee they'll be used thoroughly enough. This is rare as long as it mostly just increases the amount of work you gotta do when you develop for it. You can start working on a true mirror character like Harle right now. As soon as you can convince someone capable of hacking LF2 to do this it will happen.
(10-07-2013, 08:36 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  arghh, I hate when people speaks about it trought other person.
[...]
@YinYin, do you always ignore things when you just want to stop it?
Excuse me I don't like that either. Didn't read until now and didn't know about anything going on here. I thought it was a pm, not a post.

(10-07-2013, 08:36 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  When he said to think of it again, I just wanned to stop and lock it, thats why admins have thread locking function.
It doesn't really make sense to request that when you are actually having a perfectly fine discussion.

(10-07-2013, 08:36 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  Why dont you go and email marti by asking why did he made it that way? Maybe he didnt wanned to bother much on it. At that time game was good enough, but its changing, most of the people dont want to see cheap moves, simple graphics.
I am confused. You are not being paid for anything here and also not in any way supposed to please some target audience or customers. If you like higher quality you are the one who has to produce it on this platform - if you think mirror data to accompany mirror sprites is worth your time to create it then go ahead and do it.

Still is it worth taking the imbalances you will get along with it?
On 3d games like ssb for example you have characters turning around perfectly but without directional advantages because you see the characters from the back (thus hitboxes stay the same - right and left are equal). If you mirror the characters as in lf2 (always seen from the front during basic actions) then left and right will not be equal. I think wasting so much time and effort on an inherent imbalance is a bad decision.

Also have you read this: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...#pid136982
Thanks given by:
Even though it would be nice for aesthetics, nobody really notices that kind of stuff while they are fighting.
And if they do then it's no big deal. It's just a nice little nit bit they came across that adds onto the characteristics of the game.
Such as pc logic fail, or falling crates of doom.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure most SNES games only had 1 set of sprites. The right facing. I doubt Mega Man X's gun was always on the same arm when he was facing right and left and that was a game created by a Huge gaming company.

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME TO CREATE LITERAL MIRROR SPRITES!

You leave that for 3D models to have consistency.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Ariel