Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy Lag in LF2 even with good specs?
Hi guys! Been getting around to playing this awesome game again recently but encountered this frustrating problem :(

I am able to play the reinforced version of LF2 fine...but the game becomes incredibly laggy with really low-fps everytime a move with heavy graphic content is used (i.e. frizen's artic volcano). I never had such problems in the past when i played RLF2 on my ancient computer so i am totally clueless why it lags up my current computer that is way more powerful.

My comp specs are:

Intel i3 540 processor @ 3.07GHz
4.00GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Windows 7

Anybody mind help me out with this issue? Thx a million :D
Thanks given by:
I believe it may be to do with your newer graphic card not supporting some of the older functions that the RLF2 exe uses (some old directx functions). That means instead of the graphics card doing the work, the computer's processor has to do it. Since the functions are not designed for the processor to do, it takes a longer time to do it and results in lag.

This is only a theory (but I assume it to be probably accurate, otherwise I wouldn't post)

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the quick reply Azriel! Hmm i guess that could be a problem especially since LF2 is pretty old haha. Do you have any recommendations on what i can do about it? Thanks~ :)
Thanks given by:
Replace Reinforced exe with the reguler lf2.exe, if this is the problem, may a newer version solve it.
Thanks given by:
Tried doing so but the lag still persists :(
Thanks given by: