Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the script?
I am really slow :p but i am confused.
When i run the ddrawrelease, where is the script created to? I have a file made in LF2 (lf2/ai) but nothing is being created when i run lf2.exe.
I get how the ddrawdebug works but i am confused what to do for the release. Do i have to create a blank script first or something?
Thanks given by:
Hello, and welcome to LFE!

The DLL just tells the game to look for AI-scripts in the "ai/"-folder. If there are any, they'll be used. If not, there is nothing to be read and the game acts as normal as ever.

You might want to try some custom AIs, i.e. this one or this. The filename dictates which ID (refer to data.txt which has lines such as "id: 52 blablabla julian.dat") should have that AI.

edit: @Someone else: :ninjad: ALL THE WAY!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: fr33xgames
You write the scripts yourself. The dll doesn't write any new files. It only reads the ones you've written.

The release version is essentially the same as the debug version. It is however optimized for actual play rather than debugging, so it doesn't have an output window nor does it reread scripts when they are modified.

Edit: Darn you BP. Ninja'd
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
(12-10-2013, 06:47 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Hello, and welcome to LFE!

The DLL just tells the game to look for AI-scripts in the "ai/"-folder. If there are any, they'll be used. If not, there is nothing to be read and the game acts as normal as ever.

You might want to try some custom AIs, i.e. this one or this. The filename dictates which ID (refer to data.txt which has lines such as "id: 52 blablabla julian.dat") should have that AI.

edit: @Someone else: :ninjad: ALL THE WAY!
Hi! Thanks for the reply. However, is it possible to read one of the already completed AI from a character so i can use it as reference? For example, id 1(Deep)'s AI. If so, how? :]
Thanks given by:
No.