Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what new features would you like in lf2?
you'd be surprised which games are actually made with game maker :p do you know nidhogg?

edit: anyways im making a control screen layout in wpf currently. ill upload it when its done.

edit2: okay, did a little test exe to show how i want to make the controls configuration. and yes, i want to make the resolution 960x540.
didn't do touch button example yet cause im lazy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BylWXF6...sp=sharing
Thanks given by: A-Man
I doubt eight players will ever actually play at once, but if you manage to program it you will be a genius.
Your ideas with the controller are interesting. I can see myself playing better already with running able to be assigned by region. I HATED how it was near-impossible to buffer running after a move on LF2.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Well 8 local players or even more shouldn't be the problem... what I'm afraid of is online multiplayer.
Glad you like my gamepad idea :)
Also I should be Abe to detect at least four xbox360 gamepads with game maker I think, maybe more :D
That would at least enhance local multiplayer.
Thanks given by:
Awesome! I liked how you handled the Joystick inputs right there. Imma steal that idea :P.
Keep this up!!
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
no problem taking the concept :p
i wish i could combine game maker with wpf... things like menus are so much easier with it. then again, wpf is windows only :(
Thanks given by:
First time I hear of WPF. I agree, coding menus is the most boring part in a game. I would usually keep the menus as the last things to do.
So what are you calling the game/engine?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 12:49 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  coding menus is the most boring part in a game. I would usually keep the menus as the last things to do.
Don't do that. That's the reason for my current rewrite of hq - the code was not structured such that I could attach the menus onto it.
But then again I wasn't using Game Maker.

Azriel~
Thanks given by: A-Man , Bamboori
in any programming language it's better to first do the menus if they are in any way connected to the gameplay i think :D
theoretically i could make the menus later in game maker (i think it would be easier than in other programming environtments), but still that could get troublesome.
so first things first, the menus. i got no deadline after all, so i can take my time :p

edit: oh yeah, havent really decided on a name yet. so far just "Little Fighter GM" :p
also something i really want to implement: lots of status stuff (total damage etc), achievements and unlockables!
im just not too sure if i can protect or encrypt the game data enough that cheating wont be possible :p
Thanks given by:
What about seperating punching and kicking with Attack 1 button and Attack 2 button..
1 = punching.. You punch the opponents few time and they do the super punch..
2 = kicking.. same just he/she does super kick.

I like idea about 2 attacking buttons..

and i am just wondering is it possible to do 2 walking types.
1. normal lf walking..
2. something like moving while in fighting stance.. imagine, Your char facing opponent and when you press arrow to move him in the opposite direction than enemy he actually doesn't turn. He make few little steps backwards(he is in the fighting stance all along) but if you press that arrow for opposite direction like 2 or 3 times he turns.
You might ask what is advantage, well i guess he has faster attacks and similar.
Idk would that work, probably won't. I am not saying its not possible to create it but you'll have to master it for along time.
Thanks given by:
Maybe some team moves with special inputs like hit: ja then atck
Thanks given by: