Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 GM Progress Thread
(05-22-2014, 05:58 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Controls for those too lazy to figure it out on windows exe version:
Arrow keys.
Enter = Attack. Shift = Jump. Ctrl = Defend.
You could change the controls.

Oh and one more thing: 10MBs?? Did you load more than the template sprites? Or is it just that GM compiles like that?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
1) ahh forgot to change the running/walking script :D

2) completely forgot about that. didnt play lf2 for too long D:

3) actually it isnt? i tested it next to the original... for me it runs fine? gonna re-check all the wait values.

edit: @a-man: its because there are some other images included as well as all the original sounds.
Thanks given by:
(05-22-2014, 06:02 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  You could change the controls.
Too lazy to look at an ASCII table and change the numbers.
Also, forgot to mention backspace and noticed the frame rate number get bigger when moving to top of screen, post edited.

(05-22-2014, 06:04 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  3) actually it isnt? i tested it next to the original... for me it runs fine? gonna re-check all the wait values.
Odd. I'm very certain it runs faster on my LF2. Can't use frame rate changer on LF2 to confirm.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
i guess i forgot to mention that simply clicking on a button and then pressing a key will change it to that value :p sorry

lets get some more input from other users about the framerate

oh and the number is because the text below the character set the font, so if its out of screen the framerate is drawn with default font :p gonna change that
Thanks given by:
You might want to decrease the walking/Running frame rate. Moving around feels like it's one TU too long for each frame. It's kinda slow (to simulate this on the real LF2, increase a character's frame rate for both walking and running to 4). I'm glad you got the dash inertia done right though.

I changed the controls just fine without the need for any ASCII guide.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by: Bamboori
i needed about 2-3 hours today just for dash coding :p
Thanks given by:
Bamboori, for some reason, the download is not working for me, it says there is a problem with the download, then it restarts and the same thing again.
It worked finally :D.It was worth it to try 150 times to download it :P
Nicely Done Bamboori, also, what does the Red and Blue area's mean?
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
blue=bdy
red=itr
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
Oh, thats what the blue and red means, hope for one or two characters to be finished soon, I am interested in it :P.(What about releasing Freeze first, or maybe Deep, Hm, Davis is good too, now here I go again XD)
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
tried it, pretty awesome and cool for now! keep it up man! its gonna be epic! :D
PS : is png allowed this time? (along with alpha transparency?)
Thanks given by: