Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hero Fighter - Portraits
(06-11-2014, 08:39 AM)klodasmone Wrote:  
(06-10-2014, 01:37 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Hero Fighter is a good game, [...]

I have bad news for you, Bob.

I don't get your point, Brick.

<hr>

(06-11-2014, 11:06 AM)Conqueror Wrote:  What bad news?Anyway u have good drawing skills MangaD but sorry i cant draw:p .

Thanks for checking my DA. :D I did those long time ago though. And I'm not very good with digital art, besides taking a long time to do it. I believe there are people here who are much better than me and can do this job much faster than me. ;)

<hr>

(06-11-2014, 11:18 AM)Overlord Hunter Wrote:  You could also use the sketches that insomnium eye did... MangaD, cant u?

Truth is... I don't fancy that style much. :p And I would like to see a different style (more close to Marti's).
Also, Wade made some characters with a very wacky expression... Just look at Iczzy. xD

<hr>

<hr>

<hr>

(06-11-2014, 11:30 AM)Gad Wrote:  

Alright Gad, let's chat a bit.

First and foremost, you are ridiculing yourself if you call my request "exploitation". I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.
I'm merely asking if there is anyone within the LF2 community who has the skills and the will to do the job. The reward? Maybe helping a game that they like to "sustain" is rewarding enough, as fanart leads to more advertisement which then leads to more players. There are many artists who are looking for new requests actually, I just need to find them. And if they happen to like Hero Fighter, then I've got good chances! :D

If you don't like Hero Fighter, you shouldn't have opened this thread in the first place. You are just being importunate. :s

Hero Fighter is much better than LF2 in terms of Animation, Flexibility and Network Mode. But it is an unfinished game, of course there are many Bugs, Unbalance, and lack of new features to be expected. Worse than this, Marti kinda rushed the game. But if you take a look into v0.1 and then take a look into v0.7, you'll see a big difference and improvement. The game can improve and will improve. The more support it gets, the better chances it has.

I have to disagree with your review on the game.

1. "0 creative combos avaible." -> You clearly didn't play the game. Go sell your snake oil elsewhere.
2. "Graphics look kinda cheap (lf2 had better stuff)" -> Don't even compare, lol. You want to compare sprites with models? O_o Maybe you could say that LF2 has a better style (which I agree), but don't even compare the graphic quality... (though it can improve, that's true).
3. "characters are boring and predictable" -> Maybe they are, in your hands.
4. "story is simple, stage is annoying and not entertaining" -> This can be discussed, though I don't see why LF2 stages are better...

5. "Potential betrayed." -> True. Hero Fighter has much more potential that is not put to good use.

I think that I indirectly answered you about it being a waste of time, as that depends on the person's interests. Even if the artist is not interested in Hero Fighter, he/she could still be interested on drawing the portraits for self-learning or self-practicing (which is another reason why I am going to do the HF guide, to test my programming skills, and hopefully learn new things).

About Hero Fighter's popularity, the HF facebook group has 10k members. The game reached it's peak of popularity at version 0.65, and started to fall at version 0.7. I believe that many people got disappointed at the game, especially because of the Premium Account feature, among with the rushing of the game... More than that, the official servers were taken down due to Mr. Marti being unable to pay the bills, leaving Network Mode, the core of the game, in a very aggravated state. To put the cherry on the cake, hackers managed to modify Hero Fighter, with the sole purpose of making the premium characters available.

So, yeah, Hero Fighter is facing a crisis. That does not mean the game is s*** and will never become better !
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Overlord Hunter , A-Man
(06-11-2014, 12:41 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Just want to point out that a guide is unnecessary because Marti made an official moves/controls list. Players can figure out the rest themselves by playing, this is more of a simple fanart.

Yes. ^^ I'm going to do it mostly for personal reasons. I want to learn more about programming (haven't decided whether I'll use Java or C++ yet), and I need some theme to work on. LF2 is already pretty much explored, and since I like HF... well, that's it ! :D

<hr>

(06-11-2014, 12:55 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  

I SEE THE HOLY LIGHT ! Are... Are you an angel?! °[]°

I don't even know what to say ! :D I immediately recognized Giggs! If only you could turn it into digital... wow!
Yes, the HF community is... eww. x) I hope that will change in the future. :)
Thanks given by:
mono Wrote:but atleast doing something is better than talking

[Image: WIELfZ3.jpg]
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Just did them, some rough sketches made by me... (i chose 2 easy chars Yaga and Jason)
SRY FOR THE BAD QUALITY OF IMAGES
.........I never miss my target.......i just give it a second chance.........
..........................I WILL HUNT TO THE VERY END............................

Overlord Hunter (Click to View)
HFE, DONT FORGET ABOUT US, SUPPORT US! (Click to View)
check my DeviantArt gallery page
Thanks given by: MangaD
[Image: yg1rt9b.png]
Useful
quite impressive, good job mono :)
Thanks given by:
:thumbs up: 
(06-11-2014, 03:48 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  [Image: yg1rt9b.png]

Really impressive! Looks drawn by Marti himself! :D

Somehow I find the pencil sketch you made more sturdy than the digital one, I wonder if it's the nose... idk. :awesome:
Oh man, this is good stuff ! Shock

Add the neck and the collar, and maybe a second layer of shading like Gordon has, and it will look just PERFECT! ;D
Thanks given by:
yeah, pencil sketch is way better. Digital one is just copy of original, since I dont have scanner, I have to make redraw it again and outlines does not look good as in original.
Useful
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2014, 04:48 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  yeah, pencil sketch is way better. Digital one is just copy of original, since I dont have scanner, I have to make redraw it again and outlines does not look good as in original.

Ahhh, so that is why! :D Man, you should definitely get a scanner! (Maybe a camera does the job too. ^^)
Thanks given by:
FIRST OF ALL I think you are to agressive.
In my post I said:
me Wrote:And, yes, it is my opinion, anybody can have his own.
FFS ppl, we are here to discuss - you can agree or not, no need to flame there.
Do I need to put 'imo' in every sentence? Rly cut it out.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Alright Gad, let's chat a bit.
You're always welcome here for that.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  First and foremost, you are ridiculing yourself if you call my request "exploitation". I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.
I'm merely asking if there is anyone within the LF2 community who has the skills and the will to do the job. The reward? Maybe helping a game that they like to "sustain" is rewarding enough, as fanart leads to more advertisement which then leads to more players. There are many artists who are looking for new requests actually, I just need to find them. And if they happen to like Hero Fighter, then I've got good chances! :D
No need to put yourself on fire, it was just a nibble-word-game. Don't take it too personally.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  If you don't like Hero Fighter, you shouldn't have opened this thread in the first place. You are just being importunate. :s
I can not accept with that. Speeches like that... My counter argument - if you like HF that much, you shouldn't have read my comment. That's just funny and unclever.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Hero Fighter is much better than LF2 in terms of Animation, Flexibility and Network Mode. But it is an unfinished game, of course there are many Bugs, Unbalance, and lack of new features to be expected. Worse than this, Marti kinda rushed the game. But if you take a look into v0.1 and then take a look into v0.7, you'll see a big difference and improvement. The game can improve and will improve. The more support it gets, the better chances it has.
I never said that LF2 is better than HF, because LF2 is like 10 years older, so... No way to compare it like that.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  1. "0 creative combos avaible." -> You clearly didn't play the game. Go sell your snake oil elsewhere.
I did play this game for hours.
Show me a fascinating combo and I will. The problem is - you can't.IMO everything is cheap-designed in the fighting place.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  2. "Graphics look kinda cheap (lf2 had better stuff)" -> Don't even compare, lol. You want to compare sprites with models? O_o Maybe you could say that LF2 has a better style (which I agree), but don't even compare the graphic quality... (though it can improve, that's true).
Ok. Let's say Lf2 has a better style, but is not as advanced like HF. I think we can agree on that.
And models? What are you talking about - the sprites were made in flash technique (probably similiar to my lf2-one) there still can be more soul in them.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  3. "characters are boring and predictable" -> Maybe they are, in your hands.
I mean their storyline and they way of beeing in the game. Not the way you play them.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  4. "story is simple, stage is annoying and not entertaining" -> This can be discussed, though I don't see why LF2 stages are better...
Because LF2 can be data-changed? Dooh.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  5. "Potential betrayed." -> True. Hero Fighter has much more potential that is not put to good use.
At least we agree on something.

(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  About Hero Fighter's popularity, the HF facebook group has 10k members.
Yeah still I ask - no people there to help you enough?
(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  I believe that many people got disappointed at the game...
This especially confirms what I say.
(06-11-2014, 12:56 PM)MangaD Wrote:  More than that, the official servers were taken down due to Mr. Marti being unable to pay the bills, leaving Network Mode, the core of the game, in a very aggravated state. To put the cherry on the cake, hackers managed to modify Hero Fighter, with the sole purpose of making the premium characters available.
So, yeah, Hero Fighter is facing a crisis. That does not mean the game is s*** and will never become better !
No - this game is dying. Everybody is pissed off and bored of this.
I posted, because I just don't see a reason for doing that. Doing all the faces takes high amount of time, can't you just take the ingame pictures for it?
I don't think the game will continue and that's all. Dead don't rise that easly.

And if somebody didn't get it yet:
me Wrote:And, yes, it is my opinion, anybody can have his own.

@Exg
Good luck with doing that, if you're up to create all faces.
And sorry, I missunderstood you earlier.
Thanks given by: