Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup 2014
COSTA RICA BEAT ARGENTINA UP 3-11
COSTA RICA BEAT ARGENTINA UP 3-1
Thanks given by:
In my opinion what cost Spain a big loss was too relaxing approach. After winning last three big competitions they thought the win will come all by itslef. Also they underrated Netherlands because they had a big change of generations after last Euro but Van Gaal did a great job of creating a harmonious team with so many new representatives.
When Xabi Alonso scored penalty Spain started to play even more relaxed. Van Persie scored key goal in last minutes before half time. That goal raised their morale very high and ... we all know what happen in second half.
Actually nobody has expected much from Netherlands. Everyone was aware change of generations so they came in Brazil with nothing to loose and when you have nothing to loose you play best.
@Kloda, They don't need new goalkeeper. Casillas was awesome. He saved Spain from bigger margin expect one mistake in whole game on 1-3 (when he already knew that they are going to loose) he did a great job. Spain'll be better, this is just first game.
I was disappointed in Xavi. He is no longer that good. It seems too old.

Hmm i wasn't able to watch Greece :/ but i in their defence i would like to say that Colombia is pretty good football nation. Shame Falcao didn't heal in time. They'd be twice time dangerous.

Costa Rica beat Uruguay not Argentina.
First surprise at World Cup. I knew Costa Rica have few good players but they surprised as a team. They stuck together and take the chances for goals. Even though the second goal is from offside i am glad they won.

NOOOW, England - Italy, treat of day... Expect the unexpected!
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 09:50 PM)Marko Wrote:  Expect the unexpected!
[Image: JnOgHRe.jpg]

That being said, I expect a good match from England and Italy now. Uruguay and Costa Rica both did tons of mistakes but in the end, CRC's win was well-deserved, imo.

I'm losing so much money on my bets :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 12:12 AM)Dr.Death Wrote:  
(06-12-2014, 03:57 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I say armed police force wins over the people of Brazil. That's my bet.

I detest this event for how it is being organized.

Do you mean this stuff with Brasil "cleaning" their streets or do you mean the Setup(like camera decision is overrated with critical decisions concerning goals, or hard fouls. Better not let the referee listen for 5sec's what the right decision would be)

Even though i am not a fan of both these things i kinda like to watch it since it's cool to watch a match where you can cheer for a team with many people who cheer with you + the atmosphere of the stadium like the ooooooooooooooh if sth just missed~
Obviously the first. I couldn't care less for the second. They are on a completely different scale.

The police enforcing aspect is only the tip of the iceberg by the way. These people don't take it to the streets just for fun - they have very good reasons to protest.
Just go and compare the costs of building all the facilities for this event with what they spend on health care for example.
You are hungry? Have a soccer ball to eat - and make sure you look happy while starving.

(06-14-2014, 08:45 PM)Overlord Hunter Wrote:  P.S. I still remember the 2004.... European people may still remember...
2004 was also the year when the Olympics took place in Greece... maybe the situation wasnt like the Brasil now... but the unjustifiable expenses caused a small percentance of the Greek's bankruptcy... everywhere there's corruption and bad politics...but maybe i shouldnt talk about thez things aat a game's forum...nah
I don't see why we shouldn't

[Image: tumblr_n74gxyDbag1qhejp9o1_500.gif]

Maybe because it's not as fun?
Thanks given by:
Do not interfere World Cup with politics.. at least not in this thread, pls.
EDIT: I changed my mind. Feel free to discuss anything related to World Cup and football. I just don't like "politics" stuffs so i guess i didn't want to interfere in discussion.

England 1-2 Italy - Equal match as was expected. England started out careful without much risks. In that point Italy was better and they scored deservedly. Then England realized sh*t just got real and they equalized to 1-1.
The second half started in the same way.. Italy scored and then England was chasing the result. They were better all through final whistle but they didn't scored.
I was impressed by Pirlo in attc duties. He has so beautiful technique but in defence he missed stamina but that's normal for 35 years old man.

i wasn't watched Côte d'Ivoire vs Japan. In my country match started at 3 am .. i fall asleep before.
I saw highlights. Honda's goal is superb, excellent first touch and fantastic finishing. Also two very beautiful assist from Serge Aurier. (who has negotiations with Arsenal)!
Thanks given by:
well the biggest surprise was definitely costa rica a small country beating uruguay.
Like marko said spain was relaxing too much, maybe even coz they re not concerned that much winning trophies anymore. i noticed lack of motivation. and also bad positioning of defenders, del bousque fault here. Since netherlands has very fast wingers, left and back defendes should have stayed behind, not that forward. because the central defs ramos and pique are too slow and they cant stop holland's wingers. also a good point was that midfield player of netherlands was doing some small tricks when the ball was passed to them, not to lose the ball. that made it having open spaces in middle of field.

Well yesterday i enjoyed a little the match, but mostly it was bet's day. some friends won some money from bets yesterday lol
Thanks given by: Gespenst
(06-15-2014, 10:22 AM)Marko Wrote:  Do not interfere World Cup with politics.. at least not in this thread, pls.
Fine, stay on the right side of that "l" then.
Maybe also add "games" to the title because otherwise it really is a 100% related - and I wouldn't call it politics.
Thanks given by:
im seriously quite disappointed with this year's fifa...
[Image: 68773d60-f313-11e3-a393-83bcb7c62647_Ste...cepalm.jpg]
[Image: World_21966e_819724.jpg]
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
(06-15-2014, 09:25 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(06-14-2014, 08:45 PM)Overlord Hunter Wrote:  P.S. I still remember the 2004.... European people may still remember...
2004 was also the year when the Olympics took place in Greece... maybe the situation wasnt like the Brasil now... but the unjustifiable expenses caused a small percentance of the Greek's bankruptcy... everywhere there's corruption and bad politics...but maybe i shouldnt talk about thez things aat a game's forum...nah
I don't see why we shouldn't

Ironicly speaking... These are the important things...
For those who dont know, Greece spent 100 more money to build all these constructions than they should.... the money were taken by politics... the constructors ...etc.... and now, the most of these buildings rot....

.........I never miss my target.......i just give it a second chance.........
..........................I WILL HUNT TO THE VERY END............................

Overlord Hunter (Click to View)
HFE, DONT FORGET ABOUT US, SUPPORT US! (Click to View)
check my DeviantArt gallery page
Thanks given by:
I never understood the football-frenzy and all these sports championships, which bring more costs than profits.
Where are we living? In ancient Rome? People are starving so we give them gladiators on the arena?

(06-15-2014, 12:29 PM)Overlord Hunter Wrote:  Greece spent 100 more money
Ahahahahhaha.
Please, say what did you mean by that :D. I believe this is just a typo mistake.
Thanks given by: YinYin , mfc , prince_freeza