Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spriting programs
Hy guys.Im a good drawer and i want to start learning to draw things in a certain program for 2d games.Can you tell me some programs recomended for spriting not only lf2 but other games also:). I will give a 5 minute work..something i drawed as i was bored..so you can tell me how good am i at it too..Ty guys:)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: Bupkis
Hey, you should really search the Mainsite first, anyway, the programs you should use are Photofiltre/Paint.net/Gimp any of them, I use Photofiltre, because I am used to it but anyway, use any of them, paint is useful in many stuff too btw :P.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
i highly recommend you Gimp. Its free and you have basically all options for simple aor advanced spriting.

I like what you did here. Muscles are well drawn and positioned. :D

I'd like to direct you on light source problem. It's impossible at the moment.
Look at the shoulders.
If we are going from left shoulder to the right shoulder you have...
(left shoulder)SHADOW HIGHLIGHT SHADOW HIGHLIGHT (right shoulder)HIGHLIGHT SHADOW HIGHLIGHT SHADOW
Thats wrong! HIGHLIGHTS are must appear only in the right OR only in the left, it depends on which side is light source(if there is only one lights source)
Lets assume that light source(lamp or Sun) is in the right!
This how it should look like:
(left shoulder)SHADOW HIGHLIGHT SHADOW HIGHLIGHT (right shoulder)SHADOW HIGHLIGHT SHADOW HIGHLIGHT

If you don't understand what i am talking about, check out few youtube tutorials, ... like this: click me

I'll edit this post with concrete editions on your drawing in awhile.
Thanks given by:
I think paint or photoshop does the job, just zoom in pretty good (if needed, place a reference sprite next to empty space where you'll draw), and start miniature drawing.. it will take practice to make good stuff so keep derping around trying to make sprites that way.
Good luck, have fun!
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Well,Gimp,Photofiltre,Paint are all pretty much the same depending how you get used to it.:D
Well,I highly recommend Photofiltre7 becuz its easy to use:p.

Credits to Prince_freeza for avatar
Thanks given by:
I suggest using gimp or paint.net

(06-30-2014, 11:14 PM)Marko Wrote:  Thats wrong! HIGHLIGHTS are must appear only in the right OR only in the left
wat?o.O

no
the guy or girl made light source comming from the ground( front )

[Image: 5KFzlHC.png]
Useful
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
I know i know, if you eager to explain all that(what you actually did with this show :P), go ahead.. i was bored but i decide to help at least a little bit.
Thanks given by: