Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data problems caused by original LF2 2.0a .exe
Hi guys,

I've been having a lot of problems with a character I am making. I have desperately been trying to fix the bugs without any luck. However, yesterday A-MAN suggested to try installing him on 1.9 as the problem could be in the LF2 2.0 .exe file. So I did this, and 0 problems occurered in multiple tests. Therefor I suspect it to be a problem with the .exe file and the question would fit here. Besides, there's problably some people that are tired of checking on my ever-old problems with SSJ Goku in the data changing section or guys who simply prever HEX over data changing and don't check it anyway.

Here's the topic in the data changing forum: http://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php...#pid185683
The problem in short: the data should be correct, but problems occur with either SSJ Goku OR other characters I install. Things that happen are always beams that don't show, don't hit, have a diffirent effect on the opponent, or a combination of those problems.

I haven't got any knowledge about HEX editing, let alone know anything about errors in the original LF2 2.0 that is supposed to be stable.. So the question is: how could these problems exist with 2.0a and not with 1.9? And even more important: (how) can it be fixed?
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
It was STM who suggested you try that :P.
But yeah, I just tested the character on a 2.0a and he is working perfectly (pretty HQ character btw XD); Balls appear and hit normally and they deal good damage 0_o. Can anyone else confirm problems happening with a 2.0a exe? (excluding Bashscrazy's exe)
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(08-05-2014, 10:44 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  It was STM who suggested you try that :P.
But yeah, I just tested the character on a 2.0a and he is working perfectly (pretty HQ character btw XD); Balls appear and hit normally and they deal good damage 0_o. Can anyone else confirm problems happening with a 2.0a exe? (excluding Bashscrazy's exe)

Ah, STM it was, then!

Hmm... I haven't really heard of anyone actually downloading the character to test him except you and Bashscrazy :P But I'm probably forgetting about some..

And thanks for the compliment :) I will give him a final grooming before releasing him, too, so he's even going to be a little better quality actually ^_^

EDIT: by the way, A-MAN, have you tested the other characters as well? Problems now seem to occur in my Julian's soul bomb :P so it's not only the custom characters, it seems.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: A-Man
Alright. I just tested Goku's all moves on Deep, Henry, John, Rudolf, Louis, Firen, Freeze, Dennis, Woody, Davis and Julian from the original LF2. In addition to Newish (Blablabla's character), Vegita and Vegito (both by Bashcrazy) and everything works fine. Especially the diagonal Julian bomb attack (DVJ+A) all attacks work perfect and hit the enemy causing damage.
Edit: lol I can feel your frustration. This is crazy.

Thanks given by: Memento
(08-05-2014, 06:34 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  Alright. I just tested Goku's all moves on Deep, Henry, John, Rudolf, Louis, Firen, Freeze, Dennis, Woody, Davis and Julian from the original LF2. In addition to Newish (Blablabla's character), Vegita and Vegito (both by Bashcrazy) and everything works fine. Especially the diagonal Julian bomb attack (DVJ+A) all attacks work perfect and hit the enemy causing damage.

Thanks! In LF2 2.0a?? How strange... Shock

I redownload LF2 2.0a from LFE mainsite and installed it just to be sure I don't have a wrong copy of the .exe. I put Vegito in the fresh game, but I got trouble with SSJ Goku again. The kamehameha's effect is wrong, in this case the opponent flies upward or back toward Goku when hit. However happy it would make me, I can still hardly believe you're experiencing zero problems :P

The fact that you're not experiencing any problems but I am, could mean the following: since we're both using the same .exe file, it would mean that the problem isn't with the file itself but something with my computer or something... however, I checked back for people that tested my character and experienced the same problems, and similar errors have been reported by others as well, in 2.0a. And yet it works fine in 1.9, at least for me.

The similar errors I was talking about, reported by others:
"And the D>J Super Kamehameha is bugged. It keep hitting enemy permanently and stuck, also cause no damage. Is it just me or everyone else have that? "
And the one in the attachment.

Are you sure everything works perfectly for you A-MAN? Not that I doubt you or anything, but sometimes it's only one move that doesn't work correctly, and it's not always a big error..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
lol what the hell? That never happens to me 0_o. So I went over your files. The only thing I caught wrong are the measurements of some grids (mainly the balls). I do remember that caused me some very weird problems in the past (including sprites not appearing AT ALL), so this might be it.
[Image: pHeyUZb.png]

LF2 handles a bmp sprite grid this way: It takes the total width,height of the grid and divides it by the row, col respectively. The number * x, where x: {0,1,2... row/col -1} are the initial coordinates, and the width and the height of the sprites are taken starting from there. If a float is resulted from this calculation, LF2 has sometimes not shown sprites correctly in rare cases (the form the error occurs depends on the GPU probably).
I am not sure if that can actually be involved with the itr being stuck and the other stuff. But give it a shot.

Edit: CONGRATULATIONS XD!

Thanks given by: Memento
(08-06-2014, 09:52 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  lol what the hell? That never happens to me 0_o. So I went over your files. The only thing I caught wrong are the measurements of some grids (mainly the balls). I do remember that caused me some very weird problems in the past (including sprites not appearing AT ALL), so this might be it.
[Image: pHeyUZb.png]

LF2 handles a bmp sprite grid this way: It takes the total width,height of the grid and divides it by the row, col respectively. The number * x, where x: {0,1,2... row/col -1} are the initial coordinates, and the width and the height of the sprites are taken starting from there. If a float is resulted from this calculation, LF2 has sometimes not shown sprites correctly in rare cases (the form the error occurs depends on the GPU probably).
I am not sure if that can actually be involved with the itr being stuck and the other stuff. But give it a shot.

I tried this. There were a few files that didn't get a round number after the calculation, that's fixed now. Yet the problems still occured...

But now, about 1,5 hour later, I think I may have found it! I played around with the data.txt file by deleting and re-adding Goku's data lines, and everything worked fine untill I added ssjgoku_ball.dat. The problem? An ITR limit that I exceeded. I forgot to change this frame while I did all the other frames :p I changed it now, and all my characters worked fine without any problem. So I think it's really fixed this time! I still wonder why it did work fine in LF2 1.9, but however! So, it was a data problem after all, not a problem with the 2.0 .exe. Therefor, this thread can be moved or merged if so wished.

Here's the updated file: https://www.mediafire.com/?q14ekg8ignu9mwj

I'm not 100% sure if the problem is solved, I can only be sure if I got some more people testing it. But I will hit the solved button if I'm sure he's ready to be released data-wise ;-) Even though you didn't bring me the final solution, you were a great help A-MAN. I'm extremely glad that the problems appear to have been fixed after more than a year. Much gratitude!
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: A-Man , bashscrazy