Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
party arena game ideas
heyo, itsa me!
probably you have heard of or played at least one of these games: Nidhogg, Towerfall Ascension and Samurai Gunn.

each of them is a really fun game for a game night with friends.

although in my opinion most of them are fairly overpriced. (all of them cost over 10€)

while towerfall justifies this price with lots of content, nidhogg and samurai gunn are, although fun to play, lacking a lot of features and content.

generally it does not take much programming skills to make these games, so i though id make my own game like this and upload it for free for people to enjoy.

the thing i lack is.... ideas. im more of a fan of 4+ players at once on the screen, but my ideas turned out to be almost a 1:1 clone of samurai gunn.

this is where you come in. give me your ideas for a party brawler!
you wont get any money (neither will i), but later on a (hopefully) good time playing the game with your friends!
Thanks given by: LutiChris
Maybe characters from different games like supersmashflash
Thanks given by:
make characters based on lf empire members :D
ofc, if they agree to that
Useful
Thanks given by: Conqueror , Alapottra
I cringe at what I read here.
(09-02-2014, 03:39 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  each of them is a really fun game for a game night with friends.
overpriced
it does not take much programming skills to make these games
the thing i lack is.... ideas.
But then you soothe me with this.
(09-02-2014, 03:39 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  upload it for free for people to enjoy.
good time playing the game with your friends!

Okay.
First of all, ideas to make such fun games - and the following process of fleshing them out to actually live up to their potential - that's worth a damn lot. It may not take a lot of programming skills (except for proper online imo), but it takes a lot of game design skills. And the result of that is a bare bones mechanically working and fun game - not much content yet. It won't even look good if you have a look at the Nidhogg beta. Yeah that already pretty much worked the way the release version does, but it looked sh*t compared to it. So basically I cringe at how low you value good game design (both mechanics and graphics apparently), but okay.

I'm not gonna dish out any good ideas I have here because I value them highly - even though the freeware intention is a noble one.

Instead I'm gonna redirect you here for inspiration: http://www.squidi.net/three/
I think the flash series Shift (and also a DS title if I'm not mistaken) originated there. Or at least the idea was taken from there, won't check now. And maybe other cool stuff.
The page may not have any 4 player concepts, but you can kick your brain into action for that and check whether any of them could be viable for multi player.

Also you might have seen http://www.lethalleague.com/ , which I am currently obsessed with. Your post sounds like it's just what you are intending to create. A frantically fun 4 way multi player.

edit: another note - maybe it doesn't have to be a traditional fighter in the way that you have to actually defeat your opponent (by what ever concept the game uses) - a look at the 4 player mario party mini games could be inspiration too.
Thanks given by: Bamboori , Gespenst , mfc
We can also create a Special Multiplayer Story mode, with characters from 4 different games, :P I guess I can give Idea's on the Stage mode ( :P again )
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2014, 08:48 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  make characters based on lf empire members :D
Totally agree to that Picasso

@EXG9: Hmm...are those all the players? (Not that I want to be it,but its unfair to other members...maybe)

Credits to Prince_freeza for avatar
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 09:01 AM)Conqueror Wrote:  
(09-02-2014, 08:48 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  make characters based on lf empire members :D
Totally agree to that Picasso
if fighting game or game that requires attacking move
EXG9 (robotic name) - robot shoting somthing like megaman
Gad - crocodile bite
Yinyin - based on that yinyin character
Pf - using ice
bashcrazy - something related to dbz because of his chars
sir frog - a frog

you know, based on member
me can be like shooting but not accurate :D

Useful
Thanks given by:
I agree with that idea I love to have a sword like deep and I prefer a transformation where he is swordless and gets MORE POWER but the transform move is not that important
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 09:01 AM)Conqueror Wrote:  @EXG9: Hmm...are those all the players? (Not that I want to be it,but its unfair to other members...maybe)

just suggesting how it could be.
Useful
Thanks given by: Conqueror
I'm not sure if it'd be cool for non-lfe members to play this game though. They'll see the charactes but wont get any of the references.
also pf would obviously be vegeta styled

@YinYin: My view on the price tag of games is probably pretty warped. This may be due to the fact that i grew up with lots of pirated digital content and am quite thrifty when it comes to paying for any. That's also why I'd rather make this game freeware.
Thanks for that link tho, there are definitely some great ideas there!

(09-03-2014, 05:41 AM)Amadis Wrote:  We can also create a Special Multiplayer Story mode, with characters from 4 different games, :P I guess I can give Idea's on the Stage mode ( :P again )
Do you have an idea in mind to make this suitable for a game with rounds of a few minutes? I'd love to hear that! not being sarcastic here
Thanks given by: