Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The update of updates
@YinYin

Sorry to bother, can you tell me how to reproduce the bug?
Thank you.

@Blue Phoenix

Check this out: :)
http://community.mybb.com/thread-155702.html
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
I couldn't isolate the cause yet - just copy my first post in the Sandbag Combo List thread and try to find it.
Thanks given by:
I see what you mean now, the images are completely removed and the line breaks too. Everything gets fixed if you remove the [ list ] tag apparently. You could solve it like this while BP doesn't find a way to fix this bug. The truth is that this editor is a bit hard to deal with... There are many bugs, and it shouldn't be our job to fix them. :( Anyway, I'll take a look into it.
Thanks given by:
Certainly it shouldn't be your job. I wonder, is this the default for the new version?
Thanks given by:
Yes, this is the editor that came with MyBB 1.8.

I immediately started to hate it because it randomly decides to add and remove line breaks whenever it pleases. I tried to find an alternate editor plugin to install at HFE, but so far I didn't find one, so I've been fixing some bugs here and there with BP's help, but still...

Edit: Found a new editor plugin, going to try it right now...

Edit2: Tried CKEditor, it is even worse.

Edit3: Another gift - http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8035n...dified.zip
Thanks given by:
MyBB decided to rely on third parties for 1.8 (and is going to do so even more in the future). Now, that doesn't need to be anything bad but in this case, it is. Several people over at MyBB's official forums have been complaining about it lately (justified, imho). The staff, however, keeps clinging to it.

The editor itself is buried quite deeply inside the core-code. As MangaD mentioned, there is the CKEditor around but it was way too leaky and buggy to be feasible for even a day of usage.

I don't have the time to check this right now so can anybody please tell me if these bugs persist if you stay in source-mode?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2014, 06:30 AM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  I don't have the time to check this right now so can anybody please tell me if these bugs persist if you stay in source-mode?
Yes they do. I've had issues with that.

For anyone interested the userscript in my profile bio fixes this for source mode.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: