Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved?] Can't see lfr files outside the Playback Recording window
A friend of mine got a problem: He can view his recordings through "Playback Recording" window and watch them, but not when he opens the folder itself (C>LF2>Recording etc) - Therefore, he can't upload them for download.
We tried to copy the files from the window and paste them in the folder, but it said something like "The file is not located" (the messege is in Hebrew and that's probably the translation).
We also tried to create a new folder in the Playback browse window and copy the files to that folder. It worked particially, only that he can't see the folder when he tries to open the recording folder itself.
HOWEVER, he can see the demo files that are installed with the game, so I guess that only files that are created from the game are invisible.
Anyone else got this problem or knows how to fix it?

Edit: Another friend had this issue, and running the game as Administrator did fix that. I just wonder why that didn't happen to me, because i have other versions that don't run as administrator and i can see the lfr files.
[Image: random-34749.png]
Thanks given by:
That's strange, so basically you can make new recordings and also view them in LF2 but going to the location doesn't show anything. A few obvious questions before someone can offer more specific advice:

1) When you run LF2, go to Recording Info, then click "Open the recording files saving folder" - that should tell you the correct location (in case your friend had multiple LF2s installed)
2) Is your friend running as administrator?
3) Have you tried changing Folder Options -> View to see all hidden files?
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
1) It's the same folder.
2) No, does it matter? I have other versions that don't open as admins.
3) Properties>Uncheck "Hidden (files)"? It wasn't checked from the first place. I tried to find "View hidden files" in Folder Options, but a. I didn't find that option in my computer and b. he can't find Folder Options.
So how can I view hidden files again?

Also, your 2nd suggestion raised an idea: He doesn't run the game on the main account of his computer. However, he tried to see those files through the main account, but w/o success.
He tried to see if he can see lfr files that are created in the main account, but nither that had worked.
Also, he runs Windows 7.
Thanks given by:
Just to make sure about point 3) that STM mentioned, maybe this helps how to find folder options:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/h...dows-7.htm
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
He did that and it didn't work.
Also, he seems to have issues with Winrar, because the program's options only appear in the PR window and not in the folders.
Thanks given by:
How about a clean reinstall of LF2 into a different folder? And see if the same problem persists there...
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I think the issue is with the PC and not the game, because other programs like Winrar don't work as properly.
Again, he doesn't see any Winrar options (options in the right-click menu) in a normal folder but he does see them in the Playback Recording window.
Thanks given by:
Sorry for double-posting, but it's very important!
Another friend had this issue, and running the game as Administrator did fix that. I just wonder why that didn't happen to me, because i have other versions that don't run as administrator and i can see the lfr files.
However, there's still the issue with Winrar, whose options only appear in the right-click menu of the Playback Recording window and not in desktop and folders.
Thanks given by: