Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steiner (STM1993 Version 3.00 beta)
(03-16-2015, 03:21 PM)Lauli Wrote:  
STM Wrote:* STM carries heavy weapons directly in front of him, allowing him to naturally block some hits. He also throws straight forward, so short enemies directly in front of him can still get hit.
This sounds like a pretty cool idea! I once wanted to do this myself for Jules, I think.
Ended up looking a little funky if you change direction while holding a weapon (the weapon would make a weird "jump" then), but maybe you can somehow avoid that with DCing.
You can avoid that problem by 'shouldering' the object instead like hero fighters do (did that for Curly).
Thanks given by: STM1993
STM1993 Wrote:I doubt I'd be changing that because I can't really rotate/transform the arms to fit any better. The sprites are all done by simply copy-pasting the individual limbs and then rotated until I think they look good. Maybe a future sprite update I'll improve on that.
What a lazy excuse :P
I was suggesting that you go over it all manually with a brush.
YinYin Wrote:You can avoid that problem by 'shouldering' the object instead like hero fighters do (did that for Curly).
I'm not sure what you mean with 'shouldering'?
Edit: Never mind about the heavy-weapon thing. I was assuming that he should be pushing the weapons in front of him, now I re-read the post.
<video removed>
Basic sprites, minus light weapons, plus DvA (Mark's crash punch) done.
Again video frame rate is 20. Set speed to x1.25-1.5 for actual speed.

I'm too lazy to animate light weapon swings, so what I'm going to do is make STM only swing weapons in run attack and dash attack (and maybe jump attack because throwing is similar to air fireball). On the bright side, that means Ill give him a cool katana-style attack when he does swing.

The other reason is that I honestly hate it when I pick up a weapon because it means I can no longer access my regular punches to cause enemies to be stunned, and frankly in LF2 I always use dash attack or throw with weapons anyway.

EDIT:
The fireball is a placeholder. It will be changed.
I'll consider redoing broken_defend sprites. They look pretty horrible.
Next update post shall be a release version. Taking a break for now. Until then any changes will be silent.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Deep
Character finished! Version 1.00 released!
[Image: fSWQYqP.png][Image: 7TCksN4.gif]

Download, video and everything is in the first post!

Not an April Fool joke.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
It seems overpowered. but i like concpet. Thanks :thumbsup:
Thanks given by:
Very good!

I would like to also perform the teleport with D^/vJ for more panic direction options.
The hit on a heavy weapon right before throwing is a little weird.
I love it when his held weapon gets destroyed and he is still standing there holding air.

edit: you will hit your held weapon upon using JA
Okay, Version 1.05 uploaded. Thanks YinYin!
(03-31-2015, 10:52 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I would like to also perform the teleport with D^/vJ for more panic direction options.
The hit on a heavy weapon right before throwing is a little weird.
I love it when his held weapon gets destroyed and he is still standing there holding air.

edit: you will hit your held weapon upon using JA
The following changes have been made:
  1. wpoint added to run_attack. JA will no longer hit held weapon.
  2. Added hit_j: to recovery state 0 frames. Forgot to add, so previously you can just press J instead of JA at the end of any punch to use >>A.
  3. Added D^J: Teleport Up. Least x-distance, has y-height, highest z-movement.
  4. Added DvJ: Teleport Back. Shorter x-distance than D>J, but more z-movement.
  5. Throwing heavy weapons or players will now have a special effect.
  6. Throwing players has slightly higher -dvy; enemies can be thrown a bit straighter now.

Previously I used an itr to hit the rock before throwing. This is important, because if the rock is hit, it will change ownership. That means if I block an attack from an enemy with the rock and subsequently throw it at him, the rock will just whiff right past him. That is why I need to hit the rock again before throwing - to ensure its ownership is changed back to me.

Itr was an inelegant solution, so I've updated it to use the ball to hit the rock. Unfortunately, it will cause the 020.wav sound to play and I can't mute that without using an entirely new id & ball. So I compensated by adding the special effect right before throwing - and also added the effect to throw_lying_man for consistency. Now it looks like STM is using an energy blast to launch the rock/player as he throws.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by:
Not so Final Version 1.07 Update

Probably the final update I'll do for this character unless I ever decide to make an AI for him.
This is mostly a balance update after testing him out on Stage 1 & 2 Crazy difficulty.

Changes:
* Updated some coordinates with YinYin's new visual DCer. Bpoint is also now added into EVERY frame where the mouth is visible.
* Added teleporting straight up (DJA).
* Teleporting upwards while already in mid-air will not be as high as doing it from the ground.
* You can now teleport a short while after using the regular jump attack(not weapon). This is because jump attacks are way too risky at the moment if used right after a teleport.
* DvA massively buffed. It now recovers significantly faster, pushes slightly further, has smaller bdy, and can chain into all other special moves. This move had been rather useless otherwise.
* Level 1 Hadouken now hits harder; there was almost no reason to not charge to level 2. Charging hadoukens takes slightly more mana.
* Super punches also hit slightly harder to encourage using super more than simply using JA.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: Ariyan , Ariel , Jahvansi
Great , Everything Is Fixed From My Eyes !
Just Why Do I Feel He Attacks A Little Too Faster Then Others ?
Feels Awesome To Play With Him !
Great Job Man :D
[Image: ObetoRy.png][Image: Jayt4JK.gif][Image: MC9gRte.gif?1]
Creations
Thanks given by:
Version 2.52 Overhaul with AI

Main Changes:
  • STM can finally shoot air hadoukens! Twice in a row!
  • STM now has AI! See if you can beat his constant teleporting. Credits to @TheNave !
  • STM now uses an energy burst instead of a backhand for DvA. This greatly expands his combo capabilities!
  • STM's level 2 hadouken now has 4 charges instead of 3. Level 2 now has effect 2; they burn.
  • STM's teleports now have different inputs.
  • STM can now roll in any direction, whereas previously he may only roll forward like most characters.
  • STM no longer moves forward during jump weapon attack.
Special thanks to testers @YinYin and @prince_freeza for your feedback and suggestions!
Here's a sketch from @Ariel!

Download link and more information available in first post!

If you don't have the ddraw.dll file in your LF2 for the AI to work, see this thread and download it. I did not include it inside the download folder for security reasons.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: Ariel , prince_freeza , Deep , Memento , Ariyan , bashscrazy , Bamboori