Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Updated plan
Ariel is away for army;
JoHo15 is inactive atm but officially still a team member;

What has to be done right now (most urgent):
#1 new characters:
1) Nino (almost finished, Arcane)
2) Wizard (progressed paused due to Mono leaving the team, who will pick this project up?)
3) General
4) Main villain

Sprites should ideally be made in that order ^

Equally important: new attacks for original characters

#2 New characters (unimportant for now): werewolf guy, werewolf and any other character we might decide on in #2
#3 New skin for original characters (very unimportant for now, we might do this in a few years after a first release or so)

Also, if you want to make a topic on a new character, please mention it in the conversation room before starting it. This is to prevent (future) team members from deviating from the plan.

And last, for new team members, here's a list of all the topics and what they are about:
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Gespenst , Ariel
I can tribute loden and earth for the pre existings
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-13-2015, 06:54 PM)Ariel Wrote:  I can tribute loden and earth for the pre existings

I honestly don't think Loden really suits our mod (the way I see it)

I'd be happy to have Earth in the mod, he would suit the mod best as a non-hero imo. Since we already have many boss characters, I'd say he could be a strong minion. He would require some changes in the data of course. We got 2 forest-like stages, so he can be spawned a lot if he were to be a minion instead of a main character or boss :)

PS Arcane: if it will indeed happen that you're the only spriter left in half a year, I will definately be there to help you with the original characters. My spriting skills aren't as good as yours, but I can help with adding some simple details ;) I was able to sprite Goku, so I've had enough practise to do at least something.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Ariel
he could fit as a minion although
don't we need a group of enemies that share what their against?
if he is indeed a minion who is his leader?
Thanks given by:
(03-13-2015, 08:18 PM)Ariel Wrote:  he could fit as a minion although
don't we need a group of enemies that share what their against?
if he is indeed a minion who is his leader?

Meh, good point :\ Yet I don't think he wouldn't fit as a main.

In the story I wrote however, the main villain can control other people's will, unless their alignment is good. In stage 4, you face a couple of characters that are usually neutral, but are posessed by this villain (Hydron, Firzen). We could make Earth a creature that lives in the woods, that is usually neutral but is under control of the main villain.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
That's a good plan.
I think we also have to work on background making side by side while story mode... Thinking how story mode goes with what environment would help work on the backgrounds for it too.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Important, this post is outdated

Please share your thoughts on post #1 and post #3

Post #1
So, Earth in?

And the other 6 characters I mentioned? What do you think, which ones should we use (if any)?

Post #2
If you want to contribute to the story, be sure to reply to the topic! I set a one-week limit so that we could get things moving, so please try to share your ideas today or tomorrow if you want to contribute!

http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...419&page=8

If you don't want to contribute to the story, just say so. If you got a busy week and need a few days extra (Arcane?), we can realise this. But I'd rather not postpone that deadline, of course.

Post #3

I'll provide a little list here, to make clear what everybody is working on and is going to work on. Please comment if you see something that isn't right, or you want to make a change:

Rhino.Freak: he agreed to take lead for Hydron. This way he'll have somewhat more to do, as he hasn't been able to do much yet;
Memento: I'll do the data for Nino
Mono: Mono's most important focus should be the wizard, beside this he'll do some sprite concepts and move concepts
Ariel: main focus should be Nino, and after Nino the general hopefully? :)
Arcane: main focus should be Nino, and after Nino the general hopefully? Coop with Ariel.
JoHo15: werewolf guy (sprites)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Just dropping Marko's comment here as it is related to the question I asked in my previous post:
(04-08-2015, 08:14 AM)Marko Wrote:  I would like char like this (resprited chars) more than introducing many more unrelated characters as werewolf. I love idea about werewolf and i think we should keep him, but hydron and others, hh. Story gets loop.vWe shouldn't go crazy with too many of them.
[/size]

Which new characters would you leave out?

I'd say the following characters are discussable (as most of us neither approved nor disapproved):
- Adam
- Clide
- Frozen
- Neyus
- Marshall;

And eventually:
- Ice minion (we could also go for a sorcerer recolor if you like that better :p )
- Earth (minion, not yet related to the story)
- Teleportation skills minion(evil, main villain minion)
- Hydron??? Keep in mind that we had already decided to make him one of the characters, so it would be best not to kick him.

The following can't be kicked:
- Wizard(good)
- General(evil)
- Main villain(evil)
- Werewolf (wolf form)
- Werewolf (human form)
- Nino

Please let me know what your thoughts are (especially Marko)

Edit: this is why we discussed the limitations in the very beginning.

I'd think Mono's view on this is the one most people are okay with. Is this correct?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
so about chars,
adam- could fit, but i think we should re make the attacks, just placing a premade char wont seems fun for me.
clide- same as adam
frozen- i dont think frozen is needed. we already have the wizard that is an ice like char.
neyus, marshall- i didnt said it before but i actualy dont think those char will fit, style wise, they just dont mach nino,wizard and werewolf.

ice minion- a must
erath- could be a minion, but same as marshall and neyus if we do take him we need to re make the sprites as he dont really fit the style.

after i said that here is what i would like to have in the mod. (as for new characters)

ranged(mage)
ranged(support/healer)
ranged(archer)
melee(boxing/kicking)
melee(weapon)
melee(heavy)

if i sort what we have is this:
ranged(mage) - wizard
ranged(support/healer) - n/a
ranged(archer) - n/a
melee(boxing/kicking) - nino
melee(weapon) - n/a
melee(heavy) - main villian

than i think we should get a new archer, weapon user, and a supporter
this will just give a feel of really something new to the mod, like we made a new fighters from all direction and not only melee fghters (adam,clide,neyus and marshall)
Thanks given by: Memento
Lets try to get to a complete plan that everybody can live with. I almost completely agree with Ariel ^.

Ariel:
Quote:ranged(mage) - wizard
ranged(support/healer) - n/a
ranged(archer) - n/a
melee(boxing/kicking) - nino
melee(weapon) - n/a
melee(heavy) - main villian

ice minion
earth (with new sprites)

Okay: clide/adam (if the data will be modified)
Out: Neyus, Marshall, Frozen

hydron?

This would have my preference:

Out: Neyus, Marshall, Frozen
Undecided for me: Adam

- ranged(mage) - wizard
- ranged(archer) - n/a, a female archer would be great
- midrange(like firen/freeze) - Hydron
- melee(boxing/kicking) - nino, clide (with a somewhat diffirent moveset, of course)
- melee(weapon) - n/a
- melee(heavy, armored) - main villian
- melee(animal-like) werewolf guy & werewolf
- mixed(fast, weapon combos, AoE moves) - the general

Minions:
- midrange - ice minion
- melee - earth. We could make stage 3 a forbidden forest, where unknown creatures are said to live.
- midrange (or ranged, archer) - teleportation minion
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Ariel