Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
commission/trade sub forum?
Sorry for gravedigging, but is this still going to be implemented?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Still ready for it.

Might spam it with small/big/simple/partial/finishing sprite jobs.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
(10-10-2015, 02:04 PM)Doctor A Wrote:  Sorry for gravedigging, but is this still going to be implemented?
My bad, flew under my radar :p

I now added the forum with an info-post. If you have anything else related to it, please post it here so we keep that forum clean ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man
Blue Phoenix Wrote:  The Commissions & Trades forum has been set up so that threads are only visible by registered users. This is to ensure that crawlers cannot index any details about private data shared through offerings or requests.
I recommend that to happen privately either way.
Thanks given by:
Blue Phoenix Wrote:For paid services, it is ideal for both parties to sign a contract to have a legally binding document that both sides can rely on. For trading, similar agreements may be made. I personally recommend setting this up to be on the safe side. Please note that, after all, the use of this forum happens at your own risk.

Things to include in a contract (Click to View)

Oh man seriously, monetary business, contracts...?
Oh gosh, this will SURELY destroy LFE... This isn't even the sole purpose of LFE, just seems like another buff upto it. If something ditches up, even though you said that
' Wrote:the use of this forum happens at your own risk.
There are usually chances that something will go horribly wrong.

Just my opinion though, so yeah..
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2015, 08:44 AM)Hellblazer Wrote:  Oh man seriously, monetary business, contracts...?
As soon as there is physical money involved, people can get quite sour about it. As I said, you don't have to follow these guidelines (which is why I call them guidelines and not rules). The stuff comes from my personal experience and so far, I have never had problems handling it thus. Then again, you are welcome to handle it totally differently; none of my business :p
Fun fact: somebody at deviantart actually asked me a while back if I could create a background for him in exchange for cash, so there actually are people like that ;)

(10-11-2015, 08:44 AM)Hellblazer Wrote:  Oh gosh, this will SURELY destroy LFE... This isn't even the sole purpose of LFE, just seems like another buff upto it.
Please, do tell me what the "sole purpose of LFE" actually is. I'm honestly curious what it means to you.

(10-10-2015, 09:58 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
Blue Phoenix Wrote:  any details about private data shared through offerings or requests.
I recommend that to happen privately either way.
Added another passage advising to keep it all private.

Thanks given by:
One more thing.
For most of my planned threads in there neither offer nor request seems an appropriate prefix (including both offer and request - specifically linked).
Just go with no prefix for all of those or better also include a [Trade] prefix?

(10-11-2015, 08:44 AM)Hellblazer Wrote:  this will SURELY destroy LFE...
If you intend to partake in commissions with that attitude you may accomplish that for yourself.
But please don't hate on me if I end up throwing money at people for their awesome work.
Thanks given by:
I see this as LFE moving forward. We're growing, and the number of younger LF2 players is getting less and less as LF2 is becoming less of a "special" kind of game.

LF2 has survived this far only because of mod-ability and productive fan-base, the former which has gotten rather limited and doesn't quite allow what one might have in mind. The new LF2 extended team lead by a fan, Momento, is trying to create a new fresh mod which I hope will succeed in becoming a fan-made successor. I am not sure if they're using the Neora exe or anything of that sort, but since those seem to be getting more and more stable, given that they will use it and the game becomes what's expected, it may become a standard people can use and base-off for more mods for a few more years at least.

Regardless, constantly building on an ancient game will eventually get tedious that the new people will prefer starting their own games from scratch, and LF2 will starting to plummet (if it hasn't already). That's when the older fans, those whom understood the original game's magic, may intervene and come up with a new inspired successor which may, or may not, keep the fanbase's momentum.

A sub-forum of this sort might actually serve as an additional reason for older members to stay, and a purpose for new talented people to register even; yes, making a few bucks. There is nothing wrong nor messy about making money via commissions; in fact, I do know people whom make living off those on dA. That is assuming there will be any "[commission]" tagged threads at all, so let's not forget the other purpose of the new sub-forum, "trading". Don't overthink it.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Hellblazer
(10-11-2015, 10:19 AM)YinYin Wrote:  Just go with no prefix for all of those or better also include a [Trade] prefix?
Sure, prefix added! :)

(10-11-2015, 11:14 AM)Doctor A Wrote:  I see this as LFE moving forward. We're growing, and the number of younger LF2 players is getting less and less as LF2 is becoming less of a "special" kind of game.

[...]

A sub-forum of this sort might actually serve as an additional reason for older members to stay, and a purpose for new talented people to register even; yes, making a few bucks.
Precisely what I think. LF2 has gotten old and barely attracts any young audiences anymore (which is what most of LFE's member list consisted of). And what is here to keep long-term members bound? I feel like the older you get, the more your life revolves around money (unless you hit a certain point in life and can basically live off what you have accumulated for the rest of your life), so bringing this element in actually seems like the most decent idea of this year.

Thanks given by: Hellblazer
@Doctor A and @Blue Phoenix
Okay, you proved me wrong, i admit, i did not think about it in that manner. :D
Thanks given by: A-Man