Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... it's still not solved?
[] 
I stopped Lf2 for nearly one year only because I couldn't find a solution to my bug:
all sprites get messed up when I turn left, and it seems this has something to do with the mirrored sprites which was "supposed" to be automatically fixed in LF2 v2.0, but I downloaded it several times from the official website and the bug still there...

I did find some solutions and they fixed the bug but something else showed up (couldn't create art surface), I tried to download directX control panel and ticked off the "use hardware acceleration" but whenever I open the original Lf2 OR any mod that message shows up and ruins all my hopes :'(..

Some said that this problem is related to my nVidia GeForce video card and suggested that I should get a virtual machine, so yeah I did that.... but... COULDN'T CREATE ART SURFACE!!

so... is there any solutions or should I give up LF2 (Please don't tell me to change my laptop OR get a new video card OR install windows XP)
Thanks given by:
(this topic would better fit into LF2 Discussion as the "Sprites" section usually contains custom spriteworks by users, rarer stuff about original LF2)

The "could not create art surface" error usually occurs when a sprite file is missing. Shouldn't happen with the original LF2.

The "left" turned messed up sprites were fixed in 2.0a (not 2.0) with the introduction of the extra "mirror" sprites. Although, if you say you got it from the website, it should be 2.0a anyway...

So in conclusio: Try a clean reinstall of the version 2.0a (verify it by looking for the "xxx_mirror" sprites in the folder LF2\sprite\sys) and then report back ;)
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Mine is 2.0a already, freshly redownloaded yesterday, but it appears that the problem is from my graphics card as I mentioned... or maybe it's caused by the windows 7 OS, because it was running good on my previous laptop on windows XP...

and besides... nearly ALL mods use 1.9 as their base, this means I will never be able to play any mods..
Thanks given by:
In my laptop is happening the same thing too.
So I use only my computer for playing.
I remember once LF2 v 2.0a worked in my laptop.
As I remember I have read a old thread about that(I don't rembember the solution),so you can find it.
Thanks given by:
I wonder why it still happens. We've had a few cases before with exactly this problem, but they've all (IIRC) been solved with that mirror-update. (Or at least it didn't happen again with that update.)

Maybe one of those threads will help:

http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=2993
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=2896
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=1264

(Yes, those threads are old, they were still created before the 2.0a update, but they might contain a little useful info.)

(it probably just occurs with Vista/7 and more importantly with 64 bit color depth, try 32 bit if you're using 64)
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Whoa, we have invented 64bit color now? I was pretty sure most monitors had to fake it to get even 32bit color, not to mention the super expensive 48bit monitors :p

Try this exe:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8748buzh3dxdu34
(from this thread: http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7493 )

Delete all the _mirror files if you are going to use it on 2.0a since the exe won't try to create the mirror images by its self if they are already present.

Anyway just to confirm:

1.9c:
Works, but sprites don't flip left.

2.0:

2.0a:

Disabling hardware acceleration(any version):
You say it works, but you get couldn't create sprite surface messages. How do you know it works? Try reducing the number of characters loaded and see if that fixes it, maybe you are running out of vram or something.

Also are you 100% percent sure you are using 2.0a, confirm that you have the _mirror files like ramond said, don't just assume you do. The amount of times people do sh*t like that is insane. To be perfectly honest, I still refuse to believe that on version 2.0a you still get the sprite flip errors, it should be impossible :p.

If it really doesn't work, try updating your drivers:
www.nvidia.com
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
(02-23-2011, 10:47 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  Delete all the _mirror files if you are going to use it on 2.0a since the exe won't try to create the mirror images by its self if they are already present.

THIS!!

Okay I admit I was stupid... since I was working on my own mod... I used to install LF2 2.0a and then take the EXE and use it on my mod... clearly this caused the problem (some sprites on my mod were mirrored.. while the others weren't) I believe this caused the confusion to the EXE..
but yeah... if I played a clean LF2, it WILL run normally without the bug..

But... doesn't that mean I can't play any mods.. OR create my own?

(02-23-2011, 10:47 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  Disabling hardware acceleration(any version):
You say it works, but you get couldn't create sprite surface messages. How do you know it works? Try reducing the number of characters loaded and see if that fixes it, maybe you are running out of vram or something.

I had to remove the lines in which this message appeared... after about removing 5 lines it finally worked... and all sprites viewed normally.. but obviously some objects were deleted from the game..

sure you did help alot lord silva I appreciate it... but the fact that I wont be able to play any mods still bothers me a little..
Thanks given by:
Slightly confused (it's late :p). From what I understand you just need to create the _mirror sprites for stuff which isn't flipping, and it would work? Just do that :p.

Or use that exe which I posted, it should be able to flip sprites under all circumstances(maybe :p).

http://www.mediafire.com/?8748buzh3dxdu34
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Well, lets see.... I have the same problem when I use 1.9c as the base for a mod but when I use 1.9, there's no problemo ! try it once, it may or may not work
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by: