Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Fighter (Char Idea)
Hi, Im making a new character (not named yet), but I think it would be perfect for noobs like me :D.

The character will like a robot, you control it whenever you want, but when you press on D^J he will move on his own (becomes a CPU controlled character who fights on your place) and when you want to control the character again you press D^J again...

The problem that I'm facing currently is the second part (controlling the char again after he became independent), but I think this can be solved by making two chars (it's similar to Rudolf Clones) but the difference is that the clone must appear at your same exact place while you disappear..

but wait...... this won't make you take damage when the automatic char got hit...!

Arghhh!

anyone has ideas?
Thanks given by:
stick to the robot using ik8, and when you want to return to control, destroy it with caughtact: 1000. it's hard to explain but... use this: http://lf-empire.de/en/lf2-empire/data-c...chase-ball, and replace the ball with the robot. then, the caughtact: 1000, a simple method is to go to louis' swinging frames(when you press D^J), and copy the ik3, and change the caughtact: 132 132 to caughtact: 1000 1000, and the y-value to... anything. then, the robot(aka the char) has bdy y-coordinates at the same place, so it can be grabbed, causing it to disappear. your char will follow normally, but the problem i see is that some attacks hit only one enemy, so you may not get the same damage as the robot. oh and in the frames of your char when it's dead, put the ik3 as well so when you die, so does the robot.
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by:
it depends, if the auto and the original character is the same, then just opoint the same character id if u press D^J, and then make the original character go to freezing state, at that state frame, make hit_Uj: xxx, while this xxx frame is where your character get back and it'll delete the auto char
Thanks given by:
I think forgetlatios's solution is the closest one, I don't think there will be another solution ( and in fact, I actually DIDN'T want the the char to take the same damage as the robot, so it's fine for me) but I just hope the difference isn't huge.....

Thanks for helping anyway, I will post my progress on this char soon....
Thanks given by: