Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB 1.6 Update
Hi guys,

ok I told you a while ago I might update LFE - I didnt cause the plugins weren`t available for the new version, but since I had a lot of time I had another look into it, modified the plugins and tested it on another mybb 1.6 on the server - since everything worked fine I decided to start the update.

Actually I didn`t expect that one plugin will make hell of trouble - the thanks plugin made the server crash six times yesterday night and I got banned from my own server cause it detects a lot of databaserequests from my ip. Actually now I know how it looks like if you start a DDos attack to LFE - you just get Page not found, nice job. The support from alfahosting did a great job and unlocked my IP quickly, then I inserted the backup from LFE and started from the beginning.

BP helped to fix the design stuff and the plugins untill 2 am in the morning, but since the thanks plugin was untouched and some other stuff were still to fix we decided to go to bed and work tomorrow.

Actually BPs guess was that I will work on LFE quite earley anyways - he was right: 8.02am, I woke up and started working - with the thanks plugin, and this time it worked. I also fixed the rest of the design bugs I found and the forum is now at a stage where I can open it again.

Now I would please you to report and kind of bug, I dont care how small it is, cause this is the largest forum update since ages and I`m quite sure there are a few... - but please compare if it`s already noted here

Known bugs:
- BB Code in Member Profile dont work yet (Forum Award and Content Award Images not shown) solved ~ MH-Razen
- Forum Games is not "banned" from new posts and forum statistics yet fixed ~ Blue Phoenix

Missing Images:
- Laulis Contest Award 7-2 is missing - but will be replaced by the new one anyways fixed ~ Blue Phoenix
- The rose you can see after you thanked somebody should be edited... [done]
- Black Theme - New Reply Button is missing http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/images/LFE...wreply.gif fixed ~ Blue Phoenix

Now I have breakfast, my last meal was 17 hours ago
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: The Lost Global Mod , Ascor , Drahcir
Actually i though about making screenshotts, because i got about 8 different sites while trying to get on LFE, ranging from the "Forum is closed" up to 403, 404 and Database error XD

Big update... but you seem to have finished it, gj :D

Edit:
Bughunting time
Blue theme, Mozilla
If you enter any sub-forum, the announcements do not have any "last post"... Just click a subforum and you will see it... I guess you already noticed it either way...
Can't upload a screen though, tinypic seems not to work atm... at least not for me XD

bug caused by the missing rating-column. @BP: I rem ember you said something about deleting thread ratings yesterday, so plz look into it ~ MH-Razen
fixed ~ Blue Phoenix
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Bug hunting results:
  • There is a massive gap after the star ranking on a user's profile page.stars in mods, gms and admins profile, the old problem ~ MH-Razen
  • "//-->" appears before the Forum Info box on a user's profile page. gone ~ MH-Razen
  • "Find All Thanked Posts" in the Total Posts section of the Forum Info box is gone.this thanks plugin dont has this function, sorry, but this is the one which works on 1.6 ~ MH-Razen
  • The received thanks status on the side of a user's post is really misleading. Can we have "Received BLAH thank(s) in BLAH post(s)" instead of "Given BLAH thank(s) in BLAH post(s)"? fixed ~ Blue Phoenix
  • Is it possible to remove the "Buddy options" box if you are viewing your own profile? might be hard, BP worked on those yesterday and he couldn`t edit the links directly since they`re hardly coded into mybb, we`ll have a look in there, but might stay there ~ MH-Razen

EDIT:
I use the newest Black theme (the super duper awesome one).

MH-Razen edited this post 08-13-2010 09:14 AM because:
which theme?
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
:( 
Oh no it isn't blue anymore :'(
aka Verdusk

I don't have a sicknature

LF2 SurGen (survival stage generator!)
Thanks given by:
(08-13-2010, 09:22 AM)LeoGautama Wrote:  Oh no it isn't blue anymore :'(

go to your profile -> options and select Blue in the Theme, I just switched the defgault theme to v2, the blue one is still there
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: LeoGautama
I strangly got this:
I'm using chrome and black theme.

MH-Razen edited this post 08-13-2010 10:45 AM because:
so is this bug done now since you thanked the other guy?
Thanks given by:
That happened to me ONCE (the first time I visited LFE after the update). I refreshed and it disappeared.
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Simoneon , Bamboori , LutiChris
(08-13-2010, 09:26 AM)Simoneon Wrote:  I strangly got this:
I'm using chrome and black theme.

this reminds me on a bug we had after refreshing the templates, try to clear cache and press F5 and report if the bug still happen
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
no bugs so far for me..
only that awful rose instead of the nice arrow for the thanks
and the bothersome message sign next to announcements (when i browse this thread for instance)

MH-Razen edited this post 08-13-2010 10:51 AM because:
oh, i remember the arrow, found it in backup and replaced the rose :p
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
Got some in black theme: Award images don't show in the profile section and the code tags don't work in the bio

MH-Razen edited this post 08-13-2010 10:52 AM because:
bug already reported in first post, post done
Thanks given by: Bamboori