Posts: 2,421
Threads: 74
Joined: Feb 2009
voted for...
Siegvar
Alectric
Sir Frog
Tim
YinYin
Apoc
Gad
BP
Snor
and PF
lol & who's "---"
oh well's i voted for him as well... :P
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Posts: 891
Threads: 16
Joined: Mar 2008
04-26-2010, 06:48 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2010, 06:48 PM by snorsorbet.)
Actually, I wasn't very impressed by any of the entries, and therefore it's very hard to vote. Even though the skill behind the sprites certainly is very good, I can't find any of them eye catching.
I did this to you for obvious reasons. You have just wasted a lot of time. Congratulations.
Still with the same joke? ;D - Simoneon
TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Posts: 232
Threads: 7
Joined: Jul 2008
My vote went to BP.
As much as I liked the concept of yours Siegevar, the mutated arm really threw me around a bit. In my opinion the mutation could have been more pronounced with highlights of some sort. Anyways, fantastic job though on the sprite.
And as to everyone else, especially those like Snorsorbet. I love seeing all this improvement in everyones' spriting skills. This contest idea was either an ingenious conception, or one of the mods being bored during a high off life phase... (BP can remember some of my high of life moments... lol). My hat goes off figuratively to the creator of this weekly concept idea.
On a more humorous note though... I wish I could have finished my entry... a blue phoenix as the final boss would have been pretty dang awesome.
Posts: 891
Threads: 16
Joined: Mar 2008
I finally made my vote, and it fell on Apocalipsis.
His take on Julian had a good colour palette, but the sprite itself had a pose which wasn't worked out too well... Still, it doesn't look like a mess, and is consistent with the theme.
I did this to you for obvious reasons. You have just wasted a lot of time. Congratulations.
Still with the same joke? ;D - Simoneon
TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Posts: 813
Threads: 17
Joined: Mar 2009
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM by Reaper.)
I voted for snorsorbet( original concept, nice spriting), Blue Phoenix( the wings!), TimmE1+Alectric( both simply great looking) and Siegvar.
Apoc's one was pretty great as well, but as snorsorbet pointed out, the pose wasn't really good and his cape could need a better shading.
Btw: 3 votes, yay. Oh and: Next topic!!!
Posts: 510
Threads: 10
Joined: Jun 2008
04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2010, 05:33 AM by Apocalipsis.)
I was going to animate my sprite, that's why I made the cape like that, any more details would make it even harder to animate (specifically the cape because it was going to be "flowing"). But didn't finished it in time.
Mmm... what pose? xD
He's just standing here... but if you look carefully, almost all my sprites have their back backwards/hips forward/hands where the pockets are. Maybe that's what you mean? His right hand looks a bit off, the energy did something weird there, it was alright before I added the glow and such in.
Thanks for the feedback btw :p
V Lol'd
Thanks given by: