(06-18-2011, 07:41 AM)Divisor Wrote: You saw it written on a website? Well if something is on internet, THEN IT MUST BE TRUE, AMIRITE?Friend, you are SO right. This always annoy me, giving "aliens" the credit for building our greatest works.
And you claim they did not have the technology, the population, etc.
Egyptians invented maths, astronomy, all the basic science we use today. Population? The Great Pyramid took 20 years to build, slaves from all over the kingdom were brought in to help out.
Don't talk about things you don't know about. Please don't, you're just embarassing yourself.
And on top of the thousands of slaves, Egypt even had specialized "pyramid builders", quite simply builders specialized on building pyramids.
(06-18-2011, 12:08 PM)Kevin Wrote: Hey I think I figured out something... The Egypts had had great technology for the time they create the pyramids but as much as I know, they were attacked by nearby empires and conquered. Some of the foreign kings still got pyramids when they die, but no foreigners understand the writing of the Egypts, which is now called the hieroglyphs, right? Well I hope I'm right... because people can't understand the language, the technology is lost. That might be why after hundreds of years the world's technology have not surpassed that of the ancient Egypts.I believe you are partially right, at least. However, most of that knowledge was probably never in any kind of writing anywhere, but passed down from master to apprentice. Thus, kill master = lost knowledge.
That is my guess, I don't know if that is true but I posted since that's the most logical thing I can think of...
Also, I'm pretty sure there was non-Egyptians who read hieroglyphs at the time.
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Chat
