Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
The A-Engine: A new Beat 'em Up game engine
@Blue Phoenix: Thank you very much. A converter is the plan XD.

@JoHo:
Quote:So what i would like to see, don't know if it is already possible in the normal LF2 engine:
Will it be able to make id dependent effects, I mean if object id:1 and id:2 hit each other something different happend as when id:1 and id:3 hit each other and id:1 and id:4.
Possible and less complex than you might think. Give me a while until I update that tutorial with stuff about rects (equivalent to itrs) and bdys. Put in mind that there won't be any "id-dependent" stuff. Whereas Marti and Starsky built a game that was exploited to be modable engine, I am actually building an engine, and stuff properties should be equal for every id.

Quote:Better working cooldown system i know there is something already possible in the normal LF2 engine.
I am not sure I understood what you meant by a cool down system. Do you mean something like a move which when performed needs some time before you can do it again? If that's it, then yes. All you need to do is set a Register with the time it would take to "cool down" when the move starts. The combination that takes to that move would then have a condition which only makes it work if that register is 0. That register can then be made to decrement every frame until it reaches 0. Here is how you're going to do it:
    C-Code:
{info}  #will be explained in detail later
etc etc etc
{/info}

{initialregs} #will be explained in detail later
etc etc etc
{/initialregs} 

{mainloop} #set_regs here will be activated once every frame
set_reg=$c$, ~$c$==0?0:$c$-1;
{/mainloop}

#Now we start with our frames

[f=0] #standing
img=0 delay=1 center=39,79 
set_combination[ 
sequence=(c<d>, c<f>, c<a>) time_interval=4321 goto=210 
condition=~$c$==0?1:0; #this combination would only work if this returns 1
]
[/f]

[f=210] #the move
set_reg=$c$, 330  #supposing the FPS is 30, it would take 10 seconds for the move to cool down
img=90 delay=1 center=39,79 goto=whatever  
[/f]

Quote:Summoring more than one opoints at once in a singel frame.
Yes, possible and can even work when the frame didn't start with a next. (I really can't understand why LF2 had opoints only work with frames that started from a next. If someone knows why, I am all ears.)

@Bamboori: Lol I don't think I am gonna be having android support. At least not any time soon XD. Thanks!

@Freaky: I don't want to link to that since its 4 months old and uses Ripped non-Lf2 sprites. I am preparing something LF2ish though; Don't know what screenies either. All I can say is soon :P
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: JoHo15 , Nyamaiku

Messages In This Thread
RE: The A-Engine: A new Beat 'em Up game engine - by A-Man - 05-29-2014, 03:26 PM
A-Engine Supports 3D! - by A-Man - 11-23-2015, 07:40 AM
The A-Engine: Naming Conventions - by A-Man - 01-04-2016, 07:16 PM