Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
The A-Engine: A new Beat 'em Up game engine
(01-15-2015, 05:38 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  We've given enough thought into that actually. Taking inspiration from that article doesn't necessarily mean we're just going to mimic what they did. The plan is to have the player start aboard a ship. Different rooms are different modes. The steering wheel is the adventure mode..etc. It shouldn't be annoying as long as we keep the important "rooms" nearby.
I'm someone who gets annoyed by having to wait 1 second for transitions in Hearthstone. Anything (and I do mean ANYTHING), that takes more time than necessary can and will annoy me, but then again I'm probably no the main demographic of the game.

(01-15-2015, 05:38 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  i do find the keyboard faster and more comfortable, but you made a point. I could just allow both. But I am still convinced about getting rid of the main menu altogether to be honest.
As someone who plays osu! a lot (example, not me playing, but I can pass the song), that is obviously not the case for me (it wasn't even the case before I began playing osu!).
In the case of the ship allow it should be relatively easy to allow me to click on the steering wheel, in order to achieve the same result.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The A-Engine: A new Beat 'em Up game engine - by Som1Lse - 01-15-2015, 05:58 PM
A-Engine Supports 3D! - by A-Man - 11-23-2015, 07:40 AM
The A-Engine: Naming Conventions - by A-Man - 01-04-2016, 07:16 PM