Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More HP possibilitys, how?
Before you consider putting the mp tags in the basic frames, put in mind that the regeneration rate changes all the time.

It should be possible to set an "ammo" count to a move using complex ik8 itrs/bdy pairs with special heights (special bdys).

You need to know the following
  • itr kind: 8 (ik8 for short) in a type 0 object can have you go to the frame denoted by its dvx: tag.
  • create a bdy with a unique high y: value (e.g: 1000) and have the other ik8 have that same value to make only these pairs of similar y values interact with each other.
  • to make a character go to a frame when it's "hit" by a ball, you give him the special ik8, and the ball is given the special bdy.

What you need to do is:
  1. What you will do is essentially creating 5 "counter" ball objects with a special bdy.
  2. The "Count5" object will be always floating far away in the special value coordinate you gave its y:.
  3. The first frame of the move your character has to do only 5 times will immediately next: 0, but there will be an ik8 that interacts with the "Count5" object's bdy.
  4. The dvx: of that itr will lead to the continuation frames of the attack.
  5. The first of the continuation frames will have a special bdy_2.
  6. The same ball will have another special ik8_2 that interacts with bdy_2 and take the ball via its dvx: to a frame where "Count4" object is opointed. After Count4 is opointed, use next:1000 to delete "Count5".
  7. The cycle continues until "Count1" which will just delete itself and won't opoint a new counter object to make the attack continue in its first frame.

I wanted to say "I hope I made it clear", but.. I just can't =(.

But this little trick might come handy for when your characters go over 500, if you're working on a mod that is.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Inny

Messages In This Thread
More HP possibilitys, how? - by Inny - 10-23-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: More HP possibilitys, how? - by STM1993 - 10-23-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: More HP possibilitys, how? - by Inny - 10-25-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: More HP possibilitys, how? - by Rhino.Freak - 10-26-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: More HP possibilitys, how? - by Inny - 10-26-2015, 04:49 PM
RE: More HP possibilitys, how? - by Rhino.Freak - 10-26-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: More HP possibilitys, how? - by A-Man - 10-26-2015, 05:51 PM