Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Contest #5: Writing Challenge
Here's my entry:

A Day in my Life…by Zabobula

What is a day in the life of someone like me? Of course its not all fire and brimstone as portrayed in the stories I write, or in the drawings I create, or in the music I produce. It’s very…lively….

Not a usual day…but one in particular.

It’s a wonderful day outside; the sun is shining and the sky is clear with some clouds overlooking the city. I spend a fair amount of time on the computer before heading out on a new adventure. Ever since I’ve moved up here, I’ve developed a habit of wanting to walk all over. It always begins in “El Barrio” and can sometimes extend all the way downtown. I usually venture through the Park. As a matter of fact I’ve done it so much it becomes a routine. And when you keep walking through, it starts to seem…well….smaller.

After I’ve left the Park, the trip can extend down to the west side on Broadway in the heavy tourist attraction known as Times Square where the billboards are huge and the people try to sell you anything from watches to tickets to a comedy show featuring some local or well-known talent. After I’ve made my way through the crowd of aimless image capturers, I end up on the end of the West Side. I love going to see the Hudson River. It’s a lot more…interesting than the East River frankly because it’s vaster in comparison.

After avoiding bikers, runners, skaters, and power-walkers, I end up Downtown: the financial district where all of our money is being toyed with. I don’t really care about the top two “streets” so I make my way to Battery Park to see the Statue from afar. By this time I don’t have the physical endurance to walk 7-8 miles back from where I started…so I take the 6 back home ending a nice long journey. I come back with my legs feeling like Jell-O as if I was squatting twice my body weight. And the day ends from there…

The place should be obvious. It’s not as bad as people say...
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Reaper - 06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Zabobula - 06-20-2009, 06:35 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by LutiChris - 06-20-2009, 08:04 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Magnamancy - 06-21-2009, 07:09 AM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Zabobula - 06-21-2009, 12:44 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Reaper - 06-27-2009, 01:38 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Lord Anu - 06-27-2009, 11:54 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by LutiChris - 06-28-2009, 09:04 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Lord Anu - 07-04-2009, 02:22 PM
RE: Contest #5: Writing Challenge - by Lord Anu - 07-04-2009, 04:52 PM