05-08-2010, 09:07 AM
(05-08-2010, 01:26 AM)Taniaetc Wrote: Am I getting better or not?
Hard to tell, really. You know, I've been on dA for two years or so, and in that time-span I do see progress around. Seeing that everything you've submitted so far is from one day (okay, might be up to one week), it's hard to see any progress. Come back in a half year or so and ask this question again :P
I'll have to agree with Alec about the size of the images. The wallies fit exactly 4 times on my screen :P
The sprites you used are a little pixelated (especially referring to Woody). Might look better if you traced the image to create some sort of painteresque feel to it. Painting > filters!
Other things coming to my mind? Try playing a little more with fonts and their effects. A little anti-aliasing wouldn't be bad, too. Then, it would be cool if you could add a little more colors into your images. I've just checked your dA-gallery, and, as I see it, black/white is the dominant color there. That's usually how my pictures look like after they've been shaded and await the coloring process. It just doesn't feel complete yet
.gif)
Alright, that's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps ya a little.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~
"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.
» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~
"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.
» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt

Chat
