Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Titles
Is there any way to change the displayed name of the background music you can select in VS mode? Instead of it saying "Stage 1", "Stage 2", "Boss", "Main", ect. for the names of the music, I would like to be able to put the actual names of the songs that I have in my mod.

Also, as a secondary thing, is is possible to add more music to the ones you can choose from when selecting the music. Currently there is only 8 (I think). I'd like to increase that to something like 15 or 20 different music tracks.
Thanks given by:
http://www.ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php...8cb4ddb2ce

That guy made it read music files out of bgm.dat + a whole bunch of other stuff.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Unfortunately I cannot read Chinese, so I have no idea what was going on at that page. Is there an English page I can get the info off of?
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2011, 05:22 PM)vonfrank Wrote:  Unfortunately I cannot read Chinese, so I have no idea what was going on at that page. Is there an English page I can get the info off of?

Dude why don't you use google translator and then access that page?
I tried it once it worked!
Thanks given by:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8748buzh3dxdu34

that's the download link. Just open bgm.dat with a data changer, self explanatory.

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: vandesdelca
OK, thanks for the download link because I couldn't seem to get it off of the page.

So what does the lf2-fullverson.exe file do? do I replace my lf2.exe with this one? I dont want to do that because I have custom bitmaps in my exe and a bunch of hex changes.

How do I get lf2 to recognize the bgm.dat file?
Thanks given by:
He wrote a bunch of code in that exe, it has over 9000 changes, and he's not a fan of the dll framework so extracting anything from the exe is a pain.

The amount of time/effort it'd take you to reverse engineer what he implemented in that exe is way larger than just applying your changes to that exe :p.

Thanks given by:
I see.

In that case, is the page you linked before a complete list of changes included in the new exe?
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I think he increased the number of itr's/bdy's per frame. Implemented a system to load pngs. Implemented a system to automatically mirror files if a _mirror file doesn't exist. the BGM thingy. There might be more changes I don't know about.

Thanks given by:
finally... a true transparancy feature, or is it something else? O_o
thx for the link anyway
Thanks given by: