Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[char] alex (dump)
aaah....
sooo another product from the forum mod (for the new members who have no idea what the forum mod is, i suggest you dig around the older threads in this forum until you find a thread named something similar to forum mod)
i present to everyone the character i had been working, alex!
[Image: faced.png][Image: alexrun.gif][Image: alexpreview.png]
alex is a...mister blonde hair, blue eyes, brown jacket, grey pants, black shoes, gun toting, grey t-shirt...kicking...guy...:O Shock :D Evil Twisted
my apologies for the lack of reasonable screenshots and static animation above (yes i know the running looks crap), i haven't gotten around to getting good screenshots yet

a little background on alex: this character was created during simoneon's attempt to revive lauli's little fighter mystic mod, which sadly didn't get very far. so it was then moved to the forum mod, which sadly hasn't been able to get very far either (partly my fault too)

DOWNLOAD: its quite a mess so please ignore the messyness of the mess of alex's mess
EDIT: currently missing nf.bmp in the download, currently not home to fix the file. please do what bashscrazy has done if you want to play

NOTE: THIS CHARACTER IS INCOMPLETE AND MOST LIKELY WON'T BE COMPLETED ANYTIME SOON. i am currently lacking time to work on it and don't feel like working on it anytime soon.
before those who have started trying alex start complaining about some obvious things, there is a reason for why they are there so just take a look before wasting too much of your or my time :)
take note (Click to View)
and before you start commenting on the sprites, i just want to let everyone know that it was made ENTIRELY on PAINT with about 75% being original and baseless. the facepick was also made in paint and slightly touched up with gimp (still not too good). so yes i am aware that alex's sprites are wonky here and there but that isnt my biggest concern

i will get back to this and update this post tommorow. im sure i've forgotten a few things...
in the mean time, this is for the enjoyment of my fellow forum friends so good day to you sirs and madams
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by:
problem - the ai.dat file uses nf.bmp for the face pic so i just renamed face.bmp to nf.bmp

lol spamming the gun is live and spamming MP regen (reload xD)

I like all his roll defence/avoid/counter maneuvers
mind if I steal the DB+D roll for Batman if I ever decide to finish him up?
Thanks given by: dubbleD
looks really awesome, ur best sprite ever. runing is ok with me... head is still only cuz you didnt put frames in right place in the gif but am sure it will work out fine ingame.

plz post some more :d

"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Those Sprites are great!
But, that face can be improved though!
I will test it and give a review soon!

Azriel edited this post 05-01-2011 08:13 PM because:
then test it before posting.
Thanks given by:
Dude I found your char. awesome!
But, I have found a bug!
When we run the game with both the alex chars. installed [ I just installed both of them at once] with the exe you provided. This happens:
The bat char when tries to summon the bats the game stops and opens up a window in which it is written that sorry for the inconvienence...[the error window in xp you may know it]
plz tell me how to fix it!
sorry for bad english in this post!
There's only one alex... and you don't need to use the exe he provided. I haven't tried it.
You use ai.dat only

and it's probably a problem with the id: # you used
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2011, 01:52 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  There's only one alex... and you don't need to use the exe he provided. I haven't tried it.
You use ai.dat only

no there are two ones read the whole readme!
One is the one you are mentioning Alex AI and the other one is Alex.
I have found it in the readme and followed it and installed it, they are a little different!
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2011, 04:06 PM)Sonic Boom Wrote:  
(05-05-2011, 01:52 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  There's only one alex... and you don't need to use the exe he provided. I haven't tried it.
You use ai.dat only

no there are two ones read the whole readme!
One is the one you are mentioning Alex AI and the other one is Alex.
I have found it in the readme and followed it and installed it, they are a little different!

Well he clearly says to use ai.dat
Thanks given by:
ok I will use only ai.dat.
but, will that original alex be fixed soon as it is written by DubbleD in this post:
check the last point!
take note (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Oh nevermind.. sorry about that.

Readme Wrote:EXTRAS - if you want to try out the original alex, then heres what you (NOTE: YOU THIS IS FOR LF2 V2.0a)
------
1. copy this line into your data folder
id: 12 type: 0 file: alex\alex.dat
2. move this file "lf2va frames-itr.exe" into your lf2 folder alongside the normal lf2 exe
3. always use this exe whenever you this character installed. the normal exe will crash

I guess that's how you get it to work
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock