Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Item] Bandit
:) 
Right, so here's an item I made in like 10 minutes. It's basically a dead bandit you can pick up and throw.

Data.txt line:

id: 170 type: 2 file: data\weapon_bandit.dat #bandit

Please review/comment!

.dat   weapon_bandit.dat (Size: 3.06 KB / Downloads: 175)
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
Actually it's pretty nice, but the animation how he falls is... not very good.

I'd only use the falling frames for that weapon, preferably the ones where he falls on the stomach.
Another thing you should change is the centerpoint. He's now currently lying under the floor...
Thanks given by:
Okay...how about now?
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
Dude, I mean... WHAT?!
Physically a dead body would never ever come into such a postion if thrown...
  • [Image: unbenanntrt1.png]
Thanks given by:
whoops heh heh...see first post for new edit
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Thanks given by:
LOOOOLLLL!!!
sweet :D
<center>[Image: 38018291.gif]</center>
Thanks given by:
Question: When I tested it myself (i.e. i only did after I posted that last revision) sometimes it simply disappeared when thrown, reappearing only after hitting the ground. Why's that?
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Thanks given by:
coz he probably took away one/more of frames 1~5. (or it may include frame 0 i dunno). the weapon doesn't just start the cycle from 0 and run it through next:. it may start the cycle from 3 or something (I don't know how, i just know it does it). maybe it uses all. anyways I downloaded it but that's an easy thing to fix (just c+p frame 0 to 1~5 or w/e isn't in).

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
thanks re-edited
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Thanks given by:
bumping or not, YOU forced me to comment :P
just kidding, I just felt like doing this after you redirected me here ;)

All right, I like the properties of the weapon, the fact that you can't directly walk through it, the ease to implement it into the game. That's a big plus point right there!
Only thing that makes me a little sad is, that the bandit disappears after his life points are down to 0. Wished a little "broken-weapon-effect" there, which might be realized with a bdy-check. As soon as there isn't any bdy of the weapon anymore, some frames will be activated that show the bandit disappearing or sorta that. Hope you get the idea. This would be awesome if you could implement that! ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: