Poll: U want Rep System Back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
12.90%
4 12.90%
No
87.10%
27 87.10%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do u want Reputation System Back?
I wont say anything. All of these guys said JUST what I wanted. So,

NO!
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
I agree with BP and other who has already explained reasons of not putting the rep system.

(04-19-2012, 03:24 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Newcomers. Some are awesome, some still have quite a bit to learn. Either way, you have posted 1, maybe 2 or 3, post(s) and have already a rep of -4. "STOP GRAVEDIGGING!", "YUNO LRN 2 ENGLISH!", "You have offended my grandpa's socks with your behavior", blablablabla. Basically, from only a few words, one gets immediately stigmatized. And when everyone is against you, it becomes obvious that you're not going to last long (except if you are either persistent or plainly dumb).

Yea, this was a similar situation that I expired here in forum. I finally found a community of LF2 which was my favourite game and pretty soon I got disappointed when I received a rep, which was -1.This made me so annoyed.
Giving negative rep to newbies, is the worst thing that you can do with rep system, in my opinion.They are impressed from finding a LF2 community and then they feel disappointed...
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 04:35 PM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  
(04-19-2012, 04:33 PM)Sonic Boom Wrote:  I am kinda thinking of rep system made which is given only by mods and admins.

elaborate and you might pass.

Ok here is my idea:
Admins and mods give members rep on diff. bases like Dc ,spriting, writing skills etc.
they can give them points out of 10 for each or some of the things they posses out of 10.
Like If u take me to rep then u need to rate me out of 10 for spriting and other stuff that i do.
It can be increased only by the admins and mods.
This was my idea but I guess its a fail?
Thanks given by:
cool story bro, but you fail at some points.
1. effort.
2. It's totally depending on the mods and admins.

second point means that for example if I hate you and bp (yea it is ridiculous) loves you, we will fight a war because i give you -reps and he gives you +reps.
it's hard to imagine yes, if bp and I share something when it is lfe-user related then it is hate and annoyance.
And don't tell me that mods and admins shouldn't be like that, we mods (includes me because i have been one) are hardly perfect.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: Sonic Boom
Yea I understand that but thats why Mods are Made or not :P
Ok Lets Close this topic now
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 05:47 PM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  cool story bro, but you fail at some points.
1. effort.
2. It's totally depending on the mods and admins.

second point means that for example if I hate you and bp (yea it is ridiculous) loves you, we will fight a war because i give you -reps and he gives you +reps.
it's hard to imagine yes, if bp and I share something when it is lfe-user related then it is hate and annoyance.
And don't tell me that mods and admins shouldn't be like that, we mods (includes me because i have been one) are hardly perfect.
i understand what you mean by that, but there will be rules
rep system should be is followed by stars, 1 star, you can give just neutral or positive.
But if that member do have 100 post which is not one star, then he/she could get negative.
newcomers must be here for month till they get rep or give rep.
If peoples start to fight for rep, then here should be some rule.

if one person giving negatives like
Quote:"STOP GRAVEDIGGING!", "YUNO LRN 2 ENGLISH!", "You have offended my grandpa's socks with your behavior"
then, that person should get warn.
Useful
Thanks given by:
@sonicB: well not really. it's like being a cleaner. Nobody wants to do it, but somebody has to.
After the big hype of suddenly being awesomely important you realize that it's not really that awesome at all, probably after one month if you are a slow one.
You can't imagine how happy I was when i got to be mod of the stories section and you also can't imagine how much more happy i was after i got global (two times in total), but you seriously can't imagine how awesome it felt when I realized that I had no power any more and everybody gives a crap about my opinion.
Makes it totally worth it again, to make and think up awesome posts ;D

@ex-what-the-g-9:
well that's what i said early with banning those people.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Sonic Boom
if you hate how other newcomers creating threads about negative reps, try to cheer up them.
when you got bad grade at school what your friends tried to do?
i think they tried to cheer you up, right?
this is community, if someone do not like when they giving him rep, then he need that, if he didnt understand why, then he should understand that by him self
i remember, when sonic boom revamped my sprite and gave him neutral for copy paste hairs.
then he asked me, why?
i said that he should learn his lesson and he learned his lesson.
Useful
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 03:24 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Hmmm, there was something like this with a similar name around here a few years back.... oh wait, that's exactly the same thing! Kind of pushed it so far out of my head that I didn't really remember :p
let me remind you:
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/thread-650...#pid120826
and
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/thread-262...l#pid38384
(04-19-2012, 03:24 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  It's not a big deal for me to get the rep-system back up running (as in: less than 5 clicks) but how can we ensure that it gets used in a non-abusive way? I can't think of one and, looking at the poll's results and the previous posts, there are quite a few that share my point of view. Personally, I love features all over the place (as long as it's not failbook-related) but this is one of these things that is causing quite a bit of trouble...
we know, the deal for you is making/getting a better rep system
because even if you do not write a new plugin yourself - just searching for one will take more than 5 clicks (because you would still need the 5 clicks to install it afterwards)

and since you have thanked me on the second post linked up there i guess that you have once read and understood that improvement
wouldnt it fix the problems you have described here yet again? if not why? if so what stops us from having it that way?
Thanks given by:
^ explain please how a new plugin would benefit us and fix the problem of members abusing the system.
You can call me simple minded, but I seriously don't understand at all.
(if it's explained in the linked posts already, I'm sorry)
Thanks given by: