Poll: In which forum do the Birthday and Quotes threads belong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
General Discussion
40.00%
6 40.00%
Hangout Area
60.00%
9 60.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Discussion VS Hangout Area
BP Wrote:LutiChris - 8,114
keep in mind that i deleted most of my posts from the count thread in order to mess you guys up so this number would actually be much much higher :p
edit) not to mention all the fake accounts i made back in the day. nothing to be proud of but i thought i'd give a perspective on the actual figures
...oh how much time i waste
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
I read the first couple of posts. Seems my quote of truth lead to revelation :P..

Also one problem on moving bday thread to hangouts area is people wouldn't know who is celebrating birthday (even though it's displayed at the bottom I don't check it that often) on the posts feed. So, if that could be made possible, then it can definitely be moved to hangouts area..
a.k.a firzenx or X.
Deviantart| Arts |sprites|FaceBook
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE
Yeah actually what you said is correct. The posts on Hangout Area never gets displayed in New Topics or New Posts which is above the forum sections which almost every user looks at first to check the new topics. I had a bit of hard time to find the RaMafia thread because of that. Instead of having a debate on fairly small matter, this thing should be given more priority if possible.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
Am I the only one who does not use the new posts/thread box at all...?
Thanks given by:
(01-28-2016, 03:27 PM)Hellblazer Wrote:  Are Amadis and me the only ones who do not use the new posts/thread box at all...?
<I don't use the box>
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
T.O.R.N.A.D.O Wrote:The posts on Hangout Area never gets displayed in New Topics or New Posts which is above the forum sections which almost every user looks at first to check the new topics. I had a bit of hard time to find the RaMafia thread because of that. Instead of having a debate on fairly small matter, this thing should be given more priority if possible.

umm i don't think forum games should be prioritized. If they were, all you would see would be spammed posts coming from that section.
besides its only a few clicks away. And everyone knows its in the hangout thread.

I have a better solution. How about when its someone's birthday and you see their username displayed at the bottom of the main page we include a link to direct them to the happy birthday thread to wish them happy birthday! This way the Happy Birthday Thread doesn't need to be spamming the new post thingy in the overview box and it'll still be easy to access instead of going through the hangout area to find it.

Maybe have the birthday thread timeout after 48 hours because of time zone conflicts or if they were too late it would still list people's birthday's yesterday?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Another solution.
Stop being lazy. Birthday thread is "important thread". Is that realy hard to do? Just 1-2 and you are there.

Everything was fine untile one guy said "it's not serious topic it's good for spam."

Remember when commisions were a good idea?
Useful
Thanks given by:
Faker Wrote:Birthday thread is "important thread"

Are birthday's really important? On an individual basis they can be. I personally don't feel that way since everyone that is alive has birthday's it's nothing really notable or special to be proud of. Some member's aren't even mentioned in the birthday thread because they don't post and aren't recognized in the community. But this is why we have member of the month. Birthdays always (discounting the fact if someone was born on a leap year) come consistently every year with nobody really surprised by that fact some may have memorized the occasion and becomes pretty mundane when you compare it with other topics (based solely on the same drivel that one would see on every post such as the Count to 123456 Thread)

Important discussions regarding questions, contests, and community progress should be notable in the front page.
Not birthday's that happen to all of us aren't helpful and don't provide anything but praising a user who we all probably admire based on said accomplishments or friendships or whatever.

If you deem birthday thread as important then by all means post in the thread. Everyone says the same thing and nothing of value can really be provided to us except the fact that it's their birthday.

Faker Wrote:Stop being lazy ... Is that realy hard to do? Just 1-2 and you are there.

yes this is pretty trivial, as it's only 1 or 2 clicks away. But saying we are lazy is nonsense. Even though the ones that are for the update (myself included) suggest BP to fix it on his own initiative, This would barely make a difference if he makes the changes or not but the fact that he said on page 2 that he really doesn't mind says he's okay making the changes. Even though this issue is really is small, listening to inquiry and criticizing the way things are done should be a concern for the admin and some mods. Making it convenient for users is much more efficient anyways. We're still going to have to do an additional click but really. This shouldn't actually be considered work so its silly to simply say we are lazy in that sense. The stance that you are holding is exactly that, not doing anything is lazy. Well, not really... since you're actively engaging in the topic.

Faker Wrote:Remember when commisions were a good idea?

Implying that it's not important because nobody posts.
I can't speak for everyone but my income is important to me and commissions revolve around income when someone wants something and shouldn't be regarded as unimportant. Plus its a community thing.

As far as commissions go I would just do it by pm, since nobody posts there. That's just my recommendation but i still think its somewhat important to have the thread there in case people don't know whether to pm a user or simply write out there requests. I don't see it as extraordinarily significant, we could do away with whole section for all i care. well now that i look back... the information BP set is informing any newcomer who wants to send their requests via pm or by thread should understand some type of standard when dealing with important information like contracts, time frames and responsibilities. It's a nice guideline to look at and others can use this outside of LFE.
Thanks given by: MangaD
Luti Luti Luti,

It's not hard to reach that thread.
Look
[Image: zpxsYF9.png]

Tell me more about this solution.
Quote:How about when its someone's birthday and you see their username displayed at the bottom of the main page we include a link to direct them to the happy birthday thread to wish them happy birthday! This way the Happy Birthday Thread doesn't need to be spamming the new post thingy in the overview box and it'll still be easy to access instead of going through the hangout area to find it.
Why don't just pm when you see someone at "today's birthday". Do we even need such thread if it's just for spamming? It's for personal stuff, why not to delete that thread?

You are giving a shortcut which makes it kind a important.

Quote:it'll still be easy to access instead of going through the hangout area to find it.
That what makes it important by making them appear on the front page.
You already can see who's birthday is today just by checking down below. It's not a contest or anything that needs to appear on the front page.
After you seen who's birthday is today, just go to that page by clicking few times your mouse and if you don't want or you are just lazy, don't do that, it's not like birthday means anything, it's just a forum filled with people from a random countries.

Quote:As far as commissions go I would just do it by pm, since nobody posts there. That's just my recommendation
That's it, you just go and PM or put a request in your signature. As far as I have seen here about request, they are asking  just to make avatar or something that is worth nothing. How much will it cost? 50 cents?

Quote:but i still think its somewhat important to have the thread there in case people don't know whether to pm a user or simply write out there requests.
Err, that thread just takes space on the page, nothing else. People who want something, they just use pm system. There have been a request to do something but it was not posted in there.

Let's just move every not serious topic from general discussion and call it "improvement". Real life pic, a member who is back "Hi" thread, warcraft movie trailer, news about dragon ball super. let's merge this http://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=476 with another "birthday thread"
And by checking threads in "General discussion", I found that almost everything outthere is just a "hangout".
The only serious topic is LF2 IRC topic.

We already have Philosophy, science and life which goes with the word "important"

Call me close-minded or say that I am unable to think out of the box but this "improvement" is not even improvement...
Useful
Thanks given by: Hellblazer
faker Wrote:Why don't just pm when you see someone at "today's birthday". Do we even need such thread if it's just for spamming? It's for personal stuff, why not to delete that thread?

You are giving a shortcut which makes it kind a important.

Well for one thing i would not like to have more than 15 people message me just so i can have my inbox cluttered. Why not make it easier to access, why block progress when the admin is okay changing it? The thread can still be important and still be convenient for others.

Also if you want to market yourself at 50 cents then thats fine but if others want to get paid a little bit more than i think it would be appropriate to have some kind of contract in place and bp did a good job at outlining how one should handle commissions.

Also i know how fast it is to get to. If there was ever a time when people decide not to post in that thread it would be lost. But there's srill important forum games that are held in case 8ts inactive but the conent or purpose is still important for users. 5his is just another option other people can rely to get them to thread. I dont honestly mind if its the hangout section or not but i think if you wanted my opinion it makes more sense to be in the forum games as lots of posts therefollow the same mundane tasks.
If you take a look at forum games and see important threads you'll find that ramonds rpg and slow guiz are there so you can always slip that there so it doesnt get lost.

Edit) more to come my battery on myphone is going to die
Thanks given by: