Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
[char] frozen [progress+release]
(03-14-2010, 10:28 PM)Alectric Wrote:  
prince_freeza Wrote:[Image: demob.png]

i've seen that from a mod somewhere....please dont use that big ice thing at least...

+1

And I'd rather see a snow-storm move than icicles falling down from the sky. It probably looks better and moves like the one you posted have been made many times before already..
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
yeah julian uses that big cloud in lf2 ce. and freeze in lf2 sx2. i didnt say i would use it for sure. now neocript daid he would rather see a snow storm and trickity would like to see a whirlwind punch. sooo combine all these what do you get?

frozen hit an enemy with a that uppercut and make a whirlwind arround him and icikles start to fall from sky. what do you think sounds good?
somethign like this:
[Image: move.png]
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
looks uber pwning. but id like to see new sprites for that, plus it should have a complicated input+ long charging time cause it really looks like an ultimate.
Thanks given by: Eddie
Please pay attention to the relation between beauty of a move and damage of a move. This attack looks like it can damage >20 enemies at once and at the same time vanish at least 200hp of the opponents.

Rather than making an uber-pwnsome-screen-filling-killer-ultra-combo-finish, it'd be good to make a move which will hurt less, etc. A snowstorm which will slow down the enemies without dealing much/any damage would be an option I personally would go for. I feel Frozen has enough attacks that damage the opponent excessively; some weaker, more tactical attacks, would certainly be good to see. :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Memento , Eddie
not to go offtopic again, but @Albaka,
lauli is right, it's possible to do it bugfree with a chasing ball
Thanks given by:
(03-15-2010, 09:37 AM)prince_freeza Wrote:  frozen hit an enemy with a that uppercut and make a whirlwind arround him and icikles start to fall from sky. what do you think sounds good?
somethign like this:
[Image: move.png]

I would probably suggest making it rather than a single move, a series of combo's if you were going to do it. Although I'm more in favour of what blue said.

So here'd be an example of what I was thinking combo wise:
D^A - uppercut, D^J - like freeze's whirlwhind from in the air, D>J - freeze's style of ice bursts from the ground (see the resemblance from your icicles in the air).

or something like D^A+J+J (whatever) so long as there'd be atleast three points. A build up charge for the uppercut would be required too, the longer you hold it the higher the jump. This'd give you more time to spam those buttons whilst in the air and therefore complete the ultimate move.

As for your giant snow cloud from before, rather than having it aim for someone with the tagging punch, I'd have suggested the freeze ice burst (the 3 columns he does that come up) similar movement. Frozen could hit the ground anywhere with his hand and possibly have a small ring of ice blue go around the spot where he hit his hand. The cloud could slowly form after that. It'd make it a mass murder in a certain area attack, rather than a one person kill. Each icicle would probably do little damage if it hits, but it'd freeze the person it hits.

Right, sorry that was lengthy, just woke up and decided I needed one good post for today.

Hope that helps,
Eddie
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
wow nice ideas, but like bp said frozen has already powerful attacks. he doesnt need any other besides i dont want every one to complain on how is frozen overpowered. so i'll probably make a strategic attack the type of attacks that doesnt hurt the enemy much but it can help during battle in slowing the enemy.

to be honest i didnt pay much attention to frozen in the last couple weeks (my head is full of frozen stuff)
so ive been trying to relax with some normal spriting. i will probably make something by the next week end.

EDIT: i dont mean to brag or anything but, can an admin please submit him in the downloads section on LFE v9.0...
thank you so much.
Thanks given by:
been planing to ask. how to make that snow storm? on which style? cuz i havent seen any on lf2 before. except that rain in kingdom lf2.
Thanks given by:
about the falling ice things... you made them falling around the attack
wouldn't it be better for them to fall into the attack?
like, stabbing that bandit while you uppercut him?
i think it would increase the combo damage.
[Image: bilxvzqm0a6dmcc6c.png]
by firzenX's graphics shop

my spriting attempts | Char: Boomer
odBearBecauseHeIsVeryGoodSiuHungIsAGo
chishio: "The only limitations in life, are those imposed by yourself and the laws of physics." - learn parkour or join the matrix (either will set you free from physics).
Thanks given by:
i reckon if youre gonna use small shards of ice, its better that they do normal hit that make blood appear rather than freeze people. imo it would be more balanced and wont look that much over powered
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by: