Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effect 20 error
So basically I have read that if we put effect 20 in an itr, then it shouldn't hit fire bodies. Now I have used effect 20 in all the fire frames of all characters in my mod (i.e 203-206).

But this still happens:
http://gfycat.com/TornDelectableHornbill

Now what I need to know is, how is the fire body hitting another fire body even if the effect inside the itr is 20. Any ideas on how to fix it?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
I'd need to see a sample of your data to help you. I would say to adjust the rest values. If that fails, try pasting the original LF2 data over it.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/klckfz

It contains one of my characters. You may check it and identify the problem.
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
I cannnot seem to replicate this no matter what I do. Have you modified your exe?
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
Thanks given by:
Code:
<frame> 204 fire
  pic: 9  state: 18  wait: 1  next: 203  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
  wpoint:
     kind: 1  x: 42  y: 46  weaponact: 21  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
  wpoint_end:
  itr:
     kind: 0  x: 22  y: 35  w: 26  h: 19  dvx: -6  dvy: -6  fall: 70  vrest: 10  bdefend: 16  injury: 30  
     effect: 20  
  itr_end:
  bdy:
     kind: 0  x: 22  y: 35  w: 26  h: 19
  bdy_end:
<frame_end>

a random fire frame from original bdy. so as long as it has state 18 it can hit everything
Thanks given by:
@Dragon5, Well yeah, but only changed the transformation state, to avoid 140+ pic change.

Here is the exe:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ffvm7b

@empirefantasy, Well state 18 is required for it to hit normal bodies. But effect 20 should prevent it to hit 'fire' bodies.
Thanks given by:
The error is because the falling frames with the 'bounce' has a bdy.
So when the character hits the ground after burning, they go to the bounce frame, the other char ends up burning them.

Then it becomes an infinite loop.

Evidenced by 0.25 speed of the gif: http://gfycat.com/TornDelectableHornbill#?speed=0.25 you can see it goes to bounce and then the other burning char hits and causes them to burn again.

Edit: just tested, and I am right.
Thanks given by: T.O.R.N.A.D.O , Rhino.Freak
I admit I never bothered with the falling frames; I only copied over the fire and standing frames on a template since adding a new character wasn't on my mind. Why have bdy tags on all the falling frames though? For combos? The small boxes for the falling frames in regular LF2 is weird, but the frames they're on are the only ones for good reason.
Thanks given by:
Yeah actually bodies are present in bouncing frames are for combos. Anyway I fixed the problem. It was happening because the bouncing frame had a body very high up. Anyway thanks for your help!
Thanks given by: