Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hailstone Attack Help
I was attempting to make an attack that causes a hailstone to fall above the player/enemy. Now I think I can do the first part: create an attack which summons a chase ball above the player, then drops the hailstone (which would be an heavy/light weapon, so I can get the hit ground effect).

The hailstone would be slow at first, then pick up speed. It would have an Ice effect attached to it, and when it hits the floor, it would delete and create freeze's vertical ice column in it's place.

Now the problem: The stone. It's not working. It disappears as soon as it appears, and leaves a shadow on the floor. And doesn't do any effects either. Overall, just plain glitchy.:confused:

.txt   WeaponA.txt (Size: 4.88 KB / Downloads: 231)
.bmp   weaponA.bmp (Size: 35.68 KB / Downloads: 165)

Note: If there was I tut about this, I'm sorry I wasted your time/space. I didn't mean to do that, and it is most likely I missed it. Just direct me to it and I'll figure it out.
Thanks given by:
I don't think that a tut already exists about that, but I need something else: can you post the frame which contains the opoint for the stone? I don't really know at which frame this weapon starts...
Also, check, if you have the right type in data.txt. You definitely need the heavy weapon-type, any else might cause problems ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2008, 06:15 PM)Blue-Phoenix Wrote:  Also, check, if you have the right type in data.txt. You definitely need the heavy weapon-type, any else might cause problems ;)

i've already got alot of trouble because of this :D

i forgot to put the corect type on data.txt :confused:

maybe that is your problem :D
The dumb do the mess, the normal one gets angry, the smart one have fun. :D
Thanks given by: