Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
earthquake question
zxcv11791
How can I make an earthquake attack? I tried doing henry's flute attack and altering it, but I can't seem to change the damage (yes I changed the injury) or increase the range.

Sinow
hmm... That's one of the things i still don't know too much about, the itr kinds in henry's flute (kind: 10 and 11 or something like that, right?).

Well, I'll see if i can study it a little more and let you know.

For any kinda of attack, if you want to increase the range, you just have to adjust the x, y, w, h and zwidth values. x and y are the starting location. w is width, h is height, self explanitory. zwidth is the width along the z-axis (moving toward and away from the screen) and it starts from the line you character is on and branches out to both sides. So zwidth: 50 would affect things 50 pixels along the z-axis in either direction.

For an earthquake attack, you could probably just make a large itr with a large zwidth, keep the itr low to the ground, and give it a fall: 70/bdefend: 60 so that everyone standing on the ground would fall down or get their defense broken.

If you want something like henry's sonata, i can take a look at some of that and get back to you... hope that helps....

Marshall
I hv always thought abt earthquake attacks, but it'll be too troublesome to add a load of frames for cpoint to create a shaking effect smilie

Marshall~

Sinow
aah, i never thought of doing that for an earthquake attack. I was just thinking a large itr to knock people into the dance of pain or on the ground.

It probably wouldn't be too bad to make people shake though, it'd basically be as difficult as the paralyze in Kate-LF2 and you'd just change the x and y values in the cpoint really quickly for a few frames.

MH-LF2
Well, actually it's kinda easy if you use ratio-attacks. You know I found a possibility how top immitate a ratio-attack from hit_Fa, so use this and grab every char...

[...]

zxcv11791
I orginally just took an attack frame and extented the range and the fall so that they just jump up and fall to the ground. The shake effect I'm having problem with. I made the dvx at first pull the charater to one side of the screen and then he moves back to the oringal place making the screen shake back and forth. THeproblem with that is that he drifts after I make him go back. Any way to stop this?

Also, how do I make it so he attacks from behind as well? Right now he justs has an earthquake that effects the people infront of him.

Sinow
to have him hit people behind him as well, you need to increase the range of the itr.
say your itr has:

x: 0 y: 74 w: 500 h: 5

the coordinates start at the top left corner of the character's pic. So if you use a negative x value, then the itr will start behind the character. If you had the itr above, you might want to do this:

x: -500 y: 74 w: 1000 h: 5

To keep your character from drifting, use a dvx: 550. dvx/y/z: 550 causes the character to immediately stop moving in the x/y/z direction. Just put it in the frame after he moves back to his original position.

Cirno
Hmm, anybody remember the character QQQ?
He has that timestop attack that causes the enemies to shake, and after a while, fall.
I'd use that to make an earthquake attack.

Here's the frames from QQQ's attack:

201 time_stop_plz_la_thx
pic: 220 state: 15 wait: 400 next: 200 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 30 centery: 70 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
itr:
kind: 0 x: -65536 y: 51 w: 65536 h: 1257 dvx: 2 fall: -1 vrest: 3 bdefend: 100 injury: 0 zwidth: 3000
effect: 0
itr_end:

200 time_stop_plz_la_thx
pic: 220 state: 15 wait: 4 next: 1000 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 30 centery: 70 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 0 hit_j: 0
itr:
kind: 0 x: -65536 y: 51 w: 65536 h: 1257 dvx: 10 dvy: -7 fall: 1000 vrest: 1000 bdefend: 100 injury: 4 zwidth: 3000
effect: 0
itr_end:

???
Wow... can't believe someone still remembers the character QQQ...
But I don;t really recall that move... is it the secret move? Because I nvr got around to find it out

Cirno
I think its somewhere in that D^J J move or however its executed. Its basically like Robotical LF2's John's Stun move. I think it'd be a great way for an earthquake.

[...]

FenoilX
I remember SWU Freeze having an Earthquake Attack
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Sorry to necrobump this post,
but I believe that this could classify as an earthquake attack:

<frame> 300 Earth
pic: 999 state: 18 wait: 2 next: 301 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 35 centery: 78 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 999 hit_j: 0
wpoint:
kind: 1 x: 35 y: 48 weaponact: 30 attacking: 0 cover: 1 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0
wpoint_end:
bdy:
kind: 0 x: 24 y: 14 w: 31 h: 64
bdy_end:
itr:
kind: 0 x: 15 y: 21 w: 5000000 h: 5000000 dvx: 2 dvy: 0 fall: 10
vrest: 0 bdefend: 480 injury: 5 zwidth: 3000
itr_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 301 Quake
pic: 999 state: 18 wait: 2 next: 300 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0 centerx: 35 centery: 78 hit_a: 0 hit_d: 999 hit_j: 0
wpoint:
kind: 1 x: 35 y: 48 weaponact: 30 attacking: 0 cover: 1 dvx: 0 dvy: 0 dvz: 0
wpoint_end:
bdy:
kind: 0 x: 24 y: 14 w: 31 h: 64
bdy_end:
itr:
kind: 0 x: 15 y: 21 w: 5000000 h: 5000000 dvx: -2 dvy: 0 fall: 10
vrest: 0 bdefend: 480 injury: 5 zwidth: 3000
itr_end:
<frame_end>
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by: Jed37
For having such a wide itr, you should actually start with a negative value :P

also, I'd use an effect like 40, just to make it soundless (doesn't really fit to a real earthquake, a hitting sound). Theoretically it should work, although you might decrease the fall-value...........
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
But then they'd shake for a very long time...
With fall 10, you'd have 7 frames basically, then and because the frames loop, each with 2 TU's, that gives you about 21/30 of a second of shaking. Still enough.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
(08-22-2008, 01:10 PM)Deus Ex Machina Wrote:  But then they'd shake for a very long time...
With fall 10, you'd have 7 frames basically, then and because the frames loop, each with 2 TU's, that gives you about 21/30 of a second of shaking. Still enough.
not for an epic earthquake :P (which would last at least 30secs :P)
/trivia

btw, maybe it'd be even better if you'd put everybody into the injured-frames and then make them move around :)

edit: HOW CAN I BE SO BLIND?! FEAR THIS POST, BECAUSE IT IS POST #666!!!!!!123456

Thanks given by:
Gratz on 666 posts, BP ^_^
Nah, nobody gets injured in earthquakes.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
I just thought it'd look better when the enemies are in the injured frames (or any other frame but standing) :P
I'm pretty familiar with the behavior of an earthquake, so I know that people are just injured if things come down on them... wait, that gives me an awesome idea!
Imagine you do it like in JW-LF2, instead of an ion-/meteor-storm and earthwuake happens on a background where you fight in a city, and parts of the buildings (in form of rocks) fall down :D

Thanks given by:
That'd be awesome!
(*implementing*)
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
earthquake

you make at first a data
id: 777777 type: 3 file:\data\earthquake.dat

than you copy henry wind but give the data the name "earthquake"
now you have the standart

then you give a charackter the move and then facing: 100 or more until the field is full of henry wind

then you program the attack so how johns distriblabla D^A so that henry wind attack the eminy but the attack don´t dies and go to attack the charackter behind him and all behind him
then you give the attack a big zwidth very big and give make the attack so that everry charackter who will be attack is trowing dvy: -500 and so all charackters will be attack in fornt of you and they will be throw away very far

or you copy "teras earthuake and switch the skin haha"
Thanks given by:
@Gangster95: well, that doesn't really give you an earthquake-effect but a smash-the-opponents-around-attack. Good that you mention a different method, but
  1. you seem that you didn't quite get the idea of an earthquake like we talked about
  2. you did massive gravedigging, this topic is, as far as I see it, solved.

No offence, but you're a little late :P

An earthquake doesn't hit you right in the face and kicks you 300m into the air. It looks more like this:
[youtube]4Y-62Ti5_6s[/youtube]

Thanks given by: