Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Veiled Chains ~ Story
Prologue

Music: Mission Start – DMC1

Year 3415. The world has been devastated by World War IV. 3 billion people have been killed, and many resources ceased to exist, along with some past technology. After all the destruction, three continents survived. They were given new names to try to restore peace and leave the pain behind. They were the continents of Cypher, Ticerp and Ince. The first is by far the most advanced one and the least affected by war. It is also the source for the most powerful and influent company of this new age: Shimira.

Shimira Headquarters, 11:00 PM

The central command was located at the continent’s capital, Eastport. The main building, a skyscraper, was heavily guarded. A fortress in the middle of the city, it’s guarded by everything that’s possible. Surveillance cameras, high voltage barbed wires, lasers, guard patrols and lookout posts everywhere. It was practically impossible to enter the place. Or was it?

In an alley nearby, a man gazed at the building and its security system. He stopped for a moment and thought: “It’s time.” And disappeared in the shadows.

Music: Battle 3 (S)

A minute later, a motorcycle is seen flying from a roof towards the fortress. As it hits the walls, a combined set of explosives goes off, debris flying everywhere. The guards don't understand what's going on, and turn on the alarm. As a loud siren sounded, more started to come to the scene, that was smoke-screened. With the attention drawn to the front gate, the South one became distracted. The figure did the way around the building, and knocked off the guard in it, proceeding to use his body for finger print check and retina scan. The place was so filled with smoke inside the courtyard and out he made it unseen. Using the guard's card ID, he entered the building.

Since it was so late, nobody was working and it was empty. He looked at the wall and rushed downstairs. After passing through a corridor, he entered a lab of some sort, barely enlighted. He began to rapidly look through papers on the desks, until he found something. "This..." He winded it around and guarded it in his clothing. However, he didn't see a camera in the room. As he was leaving the room, two guards spotted him: "Stop there! Right now!" He ran in the opposite direction, and turned left on the wide corridor, the guards tailing him. The corridor he entered had even more doors. "This place has more rooms than the entire continent!" Choosing one, he quickly opened and dashed inside, closing before the guards could see him. What he saw inside was too strange. It looked like a prison, there were many cells. He started walking and looking inside them. On the last cell, a man was laying on a concrete bed, awake but staring at the ceiling. The figure looked at the lock. It seemed pretty complicated, but the person got a small machine from his pocket and in less than a minute opened it. "C'mon, we gotta get outta here." The person in the bed looked his way.
- How do I know I can trust you?
- You can either trust me or continue here. So what's your choice?
- Doesn't seem like I have another option.
He got up and walked out of the cell.
- Guards are still looking after me, so prepare to run as we leave.
- Why are you helping me?
- I think we have something in common...
Thanks given by: