Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wippien
I think its about time we kill hamachi and try something different. Frankly, imo, Hamachi sucks. You ping people and you get their information for a connection to an LF2 game and the chances of it working are slim to none. That has happened way too many times for me and I'm tired of these rapidly occuring downtimes they are now having.

So I'm here to introduce an alternative to hamachi. It's called Wippien and it basically works like an messenger program but it has the capabilities to connect to other people via p2p. Like hamachi, it assigns you an IP address and redirects traffic. Also it won't matter about your firewall or whatever internet connection you're using, you can still connect to your peer.

This is the kinda software we lf2 fighters need. It's time to say goodbye to hamachi and hello to a new alternative.

http://wippien.com/

If you already have it, add me at Zabobula@wippien.com
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
Agreed,
Well not entirely, I don't think it sux, but yeah, I kinda didn't like it very much....
Downloaded and tried, cool software, added you.
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
I have Wippien too. But you forgot to say that you can use your MSN account (and other messengers) in Wippien.
Wippien = Hamachi + multi instant messenger
Thanks given by:
No, I'd say Hamachi works--the only one I cant play against is you, for some reason Mad 2
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
Hello. I was using Hamachi everytime for PTP connection. I've downloaded that Wippien and I've not tested that yet - no people who to test with. Guys -> add me, please ;) nettse@jabber.org
Thanks given by:
You fail at using hamachi.
Thanks given by:
Hamachi = fail because everyone and their mother opens up a new room and people have a find time finding each other in different random room with random passwords. Haven't tried wippien, so if it also has "rooms" it is completly pointless.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Hey Silva,
Wippien has not "rooms".
It's like MSN, but if someone in your buddy list is also in Wippien, you both are "connected" like in hamachi. That's all!
But you're allowed to use your msn/icq (and other messenger) accounts. So you have all your friends in one list.

Contra: I don't like the design.
Thanks given by:
I just downloaded it and tried it. EXCELLENT !!! The skins are beutifull really hi-tech I use the shield green one since green's my fav colour. Alright , I amde a chat room of my own like there are hamachi networks. If u wanna join, here's name and pass.

Name : legend_strike

Password : Strike ( cappitilize S in strike like I showed u ).

Service Gateway : conference.wippien.com

By By Hamachi hello Wippien !

Note : IMOP there should now be a thread of wippien chat rooms like there is of hamachi networks.
[Image: 6578m8.png]

Join the fun .........

Thanks given by:
Err, Noir and zero_legends are contradicting themselves... Anyone wana tell me how it works exactly. If there is no need for any sort of "room" then wippen = win and I'll convince people to use it!!! RAWR!(not that anyone listens to me but yeah).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: