Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom-LF2 DC Tech - Hide Burning Smoke
MH-LF2
Sometimes State 18 is necessary because it's one of the new states where you can hit
yourself - the bad thing about State18: burning smoke appear and this is not wished all
the time. I tryed to avoid state18 while coding Kingdom LF2 all the time, at the powerups
I couldn't avoid the use and so I just had it, yesterday evening I coded some kind of
system for stage and I needed state 18 - and had the idea. I often use itr/kind 8 which
leads to a frame where an object is deleted - so why not using this in burning smoke?
Itrk8 is not team sensitive, so if you have it in a special move it'll also work if you
note the bdy in your character - no new object needed...

Here's the bdy and the changed frames from broken_weapon.dat:

---
Code:
bdy: #no burning_smoke
kind: 0  x: -5000  y: 79000  w: 10000  h: 500
bdy_end:
---
Code:
<frame> 140 burning_smoke
pic: 1000  state: 3005  wait: 1  next: 141
itr: #delete smoke
kind: 8  x: -5000  y: 79000  w: 10000  h: 500  dvx: 145  injury: 0  zwidth: 500
itr_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 145 delete   pic: 1000  state: 3005  wait: 0  next: 1000  <frame_end>

<frame> 141 burning_smoke  pic:  8  state: 9999  wait: 1  next: 142  dvy: -1  centerx: 17  centery: 28  <frame_end>
<frame> 142 burning_smoke  pic:  9  state: 9999  wait: 1  next: 143  dvy: -2  centerx: 17  centery: 28  <frame_end>
<frame> 143 burning_smoke  pic: 18  state: 9999  wait: 1  next: 144  dvy: -3  centerx: 17  centery: 28  <frame_end>
<frame> 144 burning_smoke  pic: 19  state: 9999  wait: 1  next: 101  dvy: -3  centerx: 17  centery: 28  <frame_end>

Lauli
Nice idea! I already thought about something like that, but never tried it (yea, really smilie)

I'm not quite sure about that buut:
Wouldn't it be the same if you spawn an object with state: 18 at y: 79000 (like in your example) and give the itr: a y: 0 instead? If you add then a state: 3005 to the burning smoke it won't be seeable either.

Well, just a suggestion smilie
Anyways, I think I will have to use a burning smoke de-activator for LFM anytime and maybe I'll use the technique of you.

BTW: Where is this technique used in your Kingdom - LF2?

MH-LF2
Actually I wouldn't use y: 0 because this is just normal level and god knows - you'll have no burning smoke at all because there's always a t0-bdy somewhere in game...

For the areas itsself: I changed them to x: 0 w: 50 or something like this, since a global hide is bad sometimes, too (so the state 18 in your move is hidden, but the Firen who makes the explosion near you just the same time has no smoke either...

For the system: Hm, I just hide the first frame at all - so if the itr is activated then you'll not see any stuff from the smoke, if the itr is not activated you'll just see them normally, so I'm not sure what you mention.

For Kingdom LF2: It's used in Defence-Powerup and FullPower-Powerup, and I'll use it in the uest-stage in stage 2. But it's not in the actual version, I just changed the code today morning and didn't have time to upload it yet...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: