Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[Char] Gemini (uhm...template?)
credits to felix for alowing me use some of the his sprites from rnlf2.
this is not related to his rn lf2 mod but caries a few ideas from his mod. such as the name and facepick
this is so far my favourite piece of work because ive managed to put in a whole bunch of cool ideas (i hope)
not yet fully completed. still need to fix the a couple more frames and add mp costs.
but heres a beta.

quite a different character compared with normal lf2 characters. i suggest that you read the readme in the dl. it makes it much easier to use.
[Image: geminifrx5.png] this character is roughly, equally effective against armoured and unarmoured such as knight, louis and julian.

dl link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ni5iyyzrnaz
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by: Felix EX
at first:
YAY, another template mod :P

to the char itsself:
didnt test him out yet, but according to the readme and the sprites it looks like a download- and test-worthy template-mod^^ finally the flying chars are back :D
Thanks given by:
Great Temlate though it should be more of a real char (looking) rather than another template...

When u Run and press Jump+Attack you should draw-up your opponent in mid-air, then hurt him
because it's super hard to make it quite accurate most of the time when they are running away...
Oh make a sort of Cool affect D^J he jumps into the air and Attracts all items and chars...and they all get hurt one way or another but in mid-air... cool huh?
I think that was YinYin's move on Maveric...

D>A is preatty cool...I'm really impressesed... ;)
I also like how he can constantly dash around the whole place...

The explosions are kind-of delaid...
but thats part of your time bomb isn't it?
Idk, kind of weird...but it's ok... ;)

When he picks up an item and does normal attack(s) looks a little off, fix that later...

I have another idea when he picks up Boxes or Rocks-
Make it go around him, so it looks like he controling it...
(D^A on the 2nd heavy item)
he can pick up any ammount of heavy stuff if he's near any...
then when he attacks they'll all let looses (throwing)
cool idea, huh?

When he punches it doesn't make any effect? so just fix that part...

Other than that great work keep it up...
Everything here is like Telekinesis or mind control, also reminds me of that guy in
"Push" which is coming out in theatres soon ;) lol
umm...yeah - make sure it's another guy besides template alright?
keep it up... and fix the other stuff I told you about...
Thanks given by:
hey awesome work man!
hes really fun
and i like all the floaty attacks too!
again, nice DC work!
Thanks given by:
@Bamboori
he's a floating character. he dont fly like aeron unfortunately. but im considering adding a flying function or some sort

@Kaywonn Juto
sorry i just cant be bothered doing sprites. i use paint it takes too long to make whole sprites. i only just modify and create new stance for new frames for template. easy enough on paint.
run attack? thats what happens when i use run jump attack. and uhm...ive already done the D^J, its just i forgot to write in readme. the D^J is meant to pull enemies is a large radius up. at a certain height, the enemies will get hurt and they will get smashed downwards.
D>A is pretty basic and not mainly for offense. its just to scatter or stop enemies although they go flying all over the place.
yes time bomb. i enjoy using that. input, couunt to 3 seconds and it explodes. or you can just use it, run into a group of enemies and roll/mini teleport (if youve read my readme, you'll understand).
yeah the wpoints arent done yet. still have to finish that.
that idea of picking more than 1 heavy item? i think impossible...
oh the punches? yeah i was testing out effect: 5 on itr. i didnt know it took out the sound (cos i dont normally play with sound). i was hoping it actually got rid of the hit spark sprite. ima got get rid of that when i fix it up then.

@Angry Alec
thanx a lot. i appreciate it

EDIT: updated a bit. look at first post for dl
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't be so sure if thats
(01-27-2009, 01:53 AM)dubbleD Wrote:  impossible
;)
sorry that was my bad, I remember just couldn't think of a good combination quickly...
how bout DJA?
proboally not picking it up proboally using it for your power (take a look at Maveric data)
Nice, keep up the good work DubbleD ;P
Thanks given by:
Wow that would be cool...
Finnish it Finnsh it Finnsh it
Thanks given by:
um...i have a possible solution to the 'multiple' heavy weapon pick up.
maybe i could use the 'pet' method but ive never taken a close look at it. im just not sure if its possible for type 3 opbject to pick up heavy weapon...but i wonder...
does anyone know more in depth about the pet method? so far i dont think theres any tutorials or info on mainsite.
if there is, someone link me please. or the link to a thread about the pet method?

but i dont intend to use weapons as 'power up's or put too much use into weapons. but i have just put in a flying function for heavy weapons. but it doesnt seem much use though.
Thanks given by:
Well there is a tutorial about the pet method.
You can find it here.

And by the way nice char but hes crouching looks wierd hes still flying.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
thankyou very much
but ive just found out that the use of the pet technique would not allow me to pick up multiple weapons.
becuase ive tested and confirmed that type 3 objects cant pick objects up with ik2
Thanks given by: